Active Topics

Ah Dang, there goes my happiness :-)
I hate having to reinstall everything again (I know I can do a restore from the backup, but wasn't there a thread where somehow the restore from previous OS 2008 backup screwed up a few things ?)

But again I stand to gain quite a few updates too - particularly the updated Skype, which I can't install because of the old OS2008.

Thanks PyCage for your pointer. I will be glad to use ths BT PAN setup rather then run my scripts by hand each time.

I just wanted to give a quick thanks for the work on this. I've installed it and have a working connection with my WM 8525. The 810 just went up to a new level of usefulness for me.

Much appreciated.

So will this let me do PAN server, or just client? If I can do server, then that would be enough to get me to upgrade my N800 to OS2008

Originally Posted by nate the great View Post
So will this let me do PAN server, or just client? If I can do server, then that would be enough to get me to upgrade my N800 to OS2008
Short answer:
http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/Network

Long answer:
Yes, although I'm not yet sure how.

The Following User Says Thank You to aleksandyr For This Useful Post:
Just tracked this down, having instaled it a few days ago. Many thanks to all involved.

It was a breeze setting up the PAN connection with an HTC TYTN II. DUN sort of worked, but messed up the internet connection on disconnect and was pretty flaky particularly if a call came in. It now just needs a quick click on the phone to enable Internet Sharing, and away I go. Really makes my N800 usable everywhere ow.

Although I may have discovered a slight feature, in that if are already connected and then try to connect again to the BT Pan the device resets itself. Not a huge problem, I won't do it twice !

Thanks again

Unfortunately my tablet sees my phone as pda thus this solution is not working for me. Is there any way to let the n810 thing that my samsung i780 is a phone instead off pda?

No one that can help me?

Is there an connection "icon" (ie: wifi,packet) Im using the beautiful LCARS theme so Im not sure if its lacking in my theme or in general, I am in love with the bt pan, My only question is does it drain the battery like the "stock" bluetooth connection, I've been disconnecting it as soon as I'm done 1. because I don't want to kill my battery 2. the lack of a notification icon.

bhang

Originally Posted by rwijnhov View Post
No one that can help me?
It's a rare problem and can be fixed by direct script editing.

Neither of those bits help you, so I was going to wait until I had a real solution, instead

Originally Posted by bhang View Post
Is there an connection "icon" (ie: wifi,packet) Im using the beautiful LCARS theme so Im not sure if its lacking in my theme or in general, I am in love with the bt pan, My only question is does it drain the battery like the "stock" bluetooth connection, I've been disconnecting it as soon as I'm done 1. because I don't want to kill my battery 2. the lack of a notification icon.

bhang
It drains the battery like any bluetooth connection, although it should be somewhat less of a drain on idle than DUN (the "stock" connection type).

Doesn't it show up as if you were connected to WiFi?