I, too, just started having this problem, with no change in how I use the device.

Originally Posted by walts View Post
I'm wondering (searched but haven't found) if there is a utility that will plot battery drain (ma) over time, or at least will give some sort of indication of the instantaneous %charge and current draw. That would be helpful in diagnosing battery problems.

Walt
This thread has an app that may do what you are looking for. I have not tried the app so I can not really comment on it.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=14115

I have noticed that the telepathy-gabble does not close properly on my work network. i have to go in and kill the procss when i leave this wireless connection. download the load-applet to watch.

I've had a similar problem but then again my 800 is over a year old and has been used aggressively in that time. Just like my PowerBook battery has lost run time, I expect the tablet to have the same problem, especially now that the processor is running faster with the 2008 firmware.

I have learned to now to go into offline mode when I know I'm not using the internet.

Make sure your RSS feed reader isn't setup to update every so often. It would drain my N810 battery in just over 24 hours. Since I've turned off the automatic updates my tablet can go days again while connected to AIM.

The Following User Says Thank You to sherifnix For This Useful Post:
My battery life also went bad suddenly. I noticed that added ad hoc networks takes a lot of battery. I removed my only ad hoc network and battery life is again what is used to be.

ad-hoc has been the issue with my battery - just tried it on a non ad-hoc network and battery life was significantly better.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle, WA USA
Never been real impressed with the battery life on my n800. Seems to be about what everyone says is good if I keep it off the chargers and leave wifi / bt on.

Very few open wifis or anything else for that matter around here so I generally have wireless off since 99.999999999% of what I do with it is read ebooks.

For the very largest part mine stays on the AC or DC chargers and if those aren't handy running off a NIMH pack I put together.
Homebrew OTG cable and power injector.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
i get 3-4 hours...im wondering if having swap located on a sdhc card has something to do about it....ive switched my main card to a standard 2 gig i may have to see if i can get the battery replaced if this dont help....my lifeflash gets 6 hours of runtime the n800 only 4 and i have to have it pluged in overnight

Yes, swap on the SD will reduce battery life when it's used; but it shouldn't be used much when your tablet is idle, anyway.