Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by RealJohnGalt View Post
I was going to do it the way outlined in the HADK, which disables the touchscreen if the proximity sensor is in use. An alternative to DT2W could be using a sneak peak patch.
In this case you probably don't need to do any change. Just enable low-power-mode with mcetool.... You will get the desired behaviour.

Once the lpm-screen shows up, a single tap or a swipe is enough to enable the desktop.

I use it with these settings:
Code:
devel-su zypper in mce-tools
mcetool --set-lpmui-triggering=from-pocket,hover-over
mcetool --set-low-power-mode=enabled

Last edited by minimec; 2016-05-01 at 16:15.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
What you could do is use a custom kernel with a custom CPU governor.
There is definitely some 'space' for improvement.

After boot I set the CPU governor to 'conservative' as root. That cuts power usage in idle state to less than half, looking at the powertop stats. Best I got with the new CM12 base is 141 mW, with some peaks. Definitely better than with default settings.

Code:
devel-su
echo conservative > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
I wouldn't suggest to enable double tap to wake, it drains the battery on the nexus 5. As well as swipe to wake etc. Due to the way the touchscreen panel was made on the nexus 5 the screen has to be on to use the touchscreen as far as I know.
You're certainly right, I don't know the internal of the N5. But the screen is switched on only when the proximity sensor is triggered. That's the same behavior on the Jolla I guess. Proximity switches the screen on, then the touch layer is on too and you can double tap to wake up the phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
The hybris-12.1-security branch of kernel will now at least boot sailfish. It will make your device extraordinarily slow however, so I don't yet recommend it. I was going to upload rpms, but it's so slow I don't think anyone would actually use it :P

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
i tested the cm12 based sfos version of TheRealJohnGate for several hours and i am impressed: everything seems to work well, video recording and bluetooth connection stability are both big arguments to switch to a cm12 base, i only miss sfdroid, ota updates is untested and battery life has to be observed for several days. thank you.

p.s. not sure about battery life and sensors in idle, can someone share his observations?

Last edited by BluesLee; 2016-05-02 at 06:43.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Edit: Sorry, removed.

Last edited by RealJohnGalt; 2016-05-02 at 02:41.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
p.s. not sure about battery life and sensors in idle, can someone share his observations?
On my first tests I could trigger a high cpu usage again though that "high" usage was much lower than the 15-20% I got on cm11 base.
Here I got a 3-5% cpu usage if turning on the device shaking a little bit and turning it off again.
Still the same if the cpu usage is high and you press the power button to turn on the display the cpu usage will go down again.

In general though charged the device fully yesterday and after letting it sit during the night this morning it had 90 % Battery life still. So its an improvement at least for me.
Though not perfect yet.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
I would be great to have working camera recording and Sfdroid on the N5. Does anyone has experince with enabling the LTE bands on a N5 D820 model? I want to know if the CM11 kernel supports DIAG mode and why windoze doesn't reconize the N5 COM port.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
I would be great to have working camera recording and Sfdroid on the N5. Does anyone has experince with enabling the LTE bands on a N5 D820 model? I want to know if the CM11 kernel supports DIAG mode and why windoze doesn't reconize the N5 COM port.
I've enabled three network lte in uk. Data works fine on both android and sailfish. People reporting hearing their echo during calls. I'm not sure it's related to lte hack. Anyone with same bug and possible solution?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to piwadam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
On which kind of rom did you perform the 'hack'?

Last edited by jellyroll; 2016-05-02 at 15:45.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post: