Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
Belgium, Dutch, German or UK beer = Okidoki
Also Czech, yummy

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
So which country has the combination of lowest taxes, best data speeds, and best beer? Although, I guess if I drink enough beer data speeds won't matter so much at the time.
I would have said Bulgaria, but our beer is just okay (though cheap - about 50 euro cents a bottle)

Pick your best:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_rates_of_Europe

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Depending on the outcome of the presidential election, I'm giving some serious thought to moving to Europe. Besides having, presumably, a more intelligent leader and the fact that my Jolla phone would get much better data speeds in Europe are there any other advantages in moving to Europe?
Leaders in (Western) Europe might be intelligent but they are answering mainly to their masters in the USA.
So prepare for disappointment after having made your statement of moving out of North America.
That said, no need to await the outcome of the elections to start packing. Unless all USA and satellite EU consucitizens stop purchasing from the usual catalogue and eating from the same old menu, all will remain business as usual.
There are plenty of old Nokia's to be found cheaply, you get to know many languages when you move a few 100 miles, food culture might be interesting if you are willing to explore, you could trace roots of Christian and Muslim and more ancient civilizations , you can learn to understand Russia from point of view of people who not been thought to hate it..
Depending on your choice of host country, you could enjoy the remainders of one of the most advanced social safety net structures ever set up in modern times and even help to maintain it.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I would have said Bulgaria, but our beer is just okay (though cheap - about 50 euro cents a bottle)

Pick your best:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_rates_of_Europe
Bulgaria is a great option! You have the beach, snowy mountains (with lapdancing bars) and cheap beer... sounds like a little piece of heaven!

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Press release from Jolla:
Jolla secures new financing for Sailfish OS development and its licensing business

For me this last paragraph was the most interesting
Something new cooking for the Sailfish OS community
As a new item in Jolla’s current plans is a very special program for all the Sailfish OS
developers and community members.
Dr. Saarnio comments: “We are soon announcing the program officially, but what I can say
already now is that it will include a special device related treat for our fans. I personally
can’t wait to announce it! Our team is tweaking the offering now – look out for the
announcement in a few weeks.”
And they are even talking about Turing

Another new project for Jolla is with Turing Robotics Industries, with whom Jolla has made
a Sailfish OS licensing agreement and is developing the software for the upcoming Turing
smartphone.
Dr. Saarnio continues: “Sailfish OS is already running fast on the Turing phone, and we
are now working together to get all the needed software in place. We at Jolla believe that it
is possible to produce niche target group smart devices in Finland, as Turing is now
planning to do. Our aim is to support them in the best way we can.”

Last edited by eekkelund; 2016-05-03 at 07:57.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
Press release from Jolla:
Jolla secures new financing for Sailfish OS development and its licensing business

For me this last paragraph was the most interesting

And they are even talking about Turing
That is indeed good news and full refund should follow suite.

Still only two people with refund in this thread.

Edit: why do they use Dr. Saarino says this an Dr. Saarino says that. Remove the Dr. And it sounds more trustworthy.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-05-03 at 09:48.

I don't recall him being referred to as Dr before, maybe Dr of **** ups.
Attached Images

Last edited by tommo; 2016-05-03 at 10:24.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Mini Saarino comments bla bla blue...

It's definitely an improvement but I still prefer the name only.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Glad to hear of some positive news from Jolla!

Also thanks for the info about countries, taxes and beer! While I may be unhappy with my country's leadership at times, I could never abandon it. On the other hand, I certainly need to travel more!

Just checked. Still no refund.
Anyone know what kind of specs the intex phone will have. Will it have global LTE data? Too early to tell?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I would. Now, about the job situation there... who's hiring and willing to assist with relocation?
http://www.movingtofinland.fi/
http://www.infopankki.fi/en/moving-to-finland

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund