Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
If I may be non-ironic and un-sarcastic for a moment, that actually is a good reason when you think about it in a certain way. If you buy an official version, then you could expect a certain amount of help if something doesn't work, i.e. you have a legitimate complaint. With a community port, Jolla and the hardware maker can both (rightly) say: "Well, you get what you pay for. We're not responsible. Maybe ask the community for help . . ." It would sure have broader appeal. Plenty of customers just need to get a device to work, and call someone or walk into a store if it doesn't. That's why my wife has an iPhone and a Mac. Like most normals, she's got no need to haunt forums like me and tinker with her tech all the time. Not her concept of fun.
I've absolutely no counter-argument. Bravo. Well done my friend.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
No refund! Just checked

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
No refund! Just checked
Thanks for the update dave, when did you submit the refund form ?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
Thanks for the update dave, when did you submit the refund form ?
first day...2-3 hours after announcement.

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Dave999, I just found your Jolla tablet on this forum.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
No refund! Just checked
I have changed my mind at the (very) last moment: refund instead donation. Have the (half) refund received on my paypal account at 29.04. To answer the next question: Contribution on 19.11.2014 (position in the row between 1000 and 2000)

Originally Posted by zefugoe View Post
I have changed my mind at the (very) last moment: refund instead donation. Have the (half) refund received on my paypal account at 29.04. To answer the next question: Contribution on 19.11.2014 (position in the row between 1000 and 2000)
Welcome to TMO!

(...And to this thread)

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
If I may be non-ironic and un-sarcastic for a moment, that actually is a good reason when you think about it in a certain way. If you buy an official version, then you could expect a certain amount of help if something doesn't work, i.e. you have a legitimate complaint. With a community port, Jolla and the hardware maker can both (rightly) say: "Well, you get what you pay for. We're not responsible. Maybe ask the community for help . . ." It would sure have broader appeal. Plenty of customers just need to get a device to work, and call someone or walk into a store if it doesn't. That's why my wife has an iPhone and a Mac. Like most normals, she's got no need to haunt forums like me and tinker with her tech all the time. Not her concept of fun.
And exact problem is that Jolla is not open enough to be tinkered 100% and on other hand is not mature to be "out-of-box" phone with no problems

Originally Posted by zefugoe View Post
Contribution on 19.11.2014 (position in the row between 1000 and 2000)
Same here but no refund. Don't know if it makes any difference, but I did inform Jolla right after submitting the refund form on the first day that they are still more than welcome to offer me the tablet if people are refusing theirs.

I don't deny my doubts of actually receiving the tablet, but at least this has been pretty entertaining

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by tmi View Post
Same here but no refund. Don't know if it makes any difference, but I did inform Jolla right after submitting the refund form on the first day that they are still more than welcome to offer me the tablet if people are refusing theirs.

I don't deny my doubts of actually receiving the tablet, but at least this has been pretty entertaining
Well, I gave up my refund as donation, and was given a tablet in the end. ( which am actually typing this with now... )

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund