Active Topics

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
well, except trying with (preferably linux) flasher running and waiting for usb connection when that icon shows, no

Also powering it up by attaching charger (plus holding that swap button) might help with keeping the usb icon on if it disconnects because of low battery

To me it looks like corrupted data (kernel, initfs, or even rootfs partition) in flash memory. This can be fixed by reflashing. How many seconds it is from first nokia logo after power on to next reboot (=next bright nokia logo) ?

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Good.Your N810 was not dead.

1.Make sure battery is full.
2.install update wizard to your computer.You can find it at nokia web site.
3.follow the instruction step by step.
4.one important thing:you need hold power on and swap button till next button enabled.
5.flash your system.
6.format your SD card.
7.don't put too many files on your card like images files.

I had the same problem before.
Good luck.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ new york
its not dead i updated my n810 yesterday and it did the same thing but it also froze my xp computer twice all i did was reflashed and it was good to go

Great.. now mine is doing the same thing...

In my case I managed to fill up my removable sd card 100%... I tried to remove some things from the internal card and re-format it so that I could move some files from the removable to the internal...
The tablet would not format the internal card , said it was "in use" so I tried to reboot..

Got this endelss loop flashing NOKIA problem..
I tried removing the full remoavable card.. to see if the full card was causing the problem.. NOT...

Looks like a corupted file system on the internal card is causing it not to bood..
probably fschk taking too long and and internal watchdog timer rebooting the device before it is finished...

i'll try a reflash tonight...

Sigh...
I shouldn't let my tablet see what I am reading in these forums... it seems to emulate other peoples problems when it sees them :-)...
Hypocondriac tablet..

Update...

Re-flash fixed it...
Now that I think about it ... I tried to uninstall KDE from the internal
media card...
I think KDE adds some mount points to file systems on the card..
likely when I deleted the file systems.. the os was still trying to mount them..

anyway..
re-flash does fix the flashing noka lockup problem..

now to reinstall applications.

Turns out I was holding-down the "escape" key instead of the "swap" key. That's why I wasn't getting into update mode.

Re-flashing to 2008SE_2.2007.50-2 with my fingers crossed...

Mike

Originally Posted by Gotcha View Post
Hi all,

My n810 died this morning ... will not power on, battery will not charged when plugged in. Nothing out of the ordinary happened: no power surge, no physical damage. I bought it in early December. I'm assuming there is some kind of warranty or exchange, but if anyone has any ideas on how I can bring this particular unit back to life, I'd love to here it.
Gotcha
I got a similar problem today, but much easier. My n810 was dead at the morning but
after plugging into the charger it starts to charge and boot. I realized that I left a game
(crazyparking) which probably drained completely the battery.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by tvengineer View Post
Now that I think about it ... I tried to uninstall KDE from the internal
media card...
I think KDE adds some mount points to file systems on the card..
likely when I deleted the file systems.. the os was still trying to mount them..
Thanks tvengineer, this seems to be the case for me as well. Last nite I got the endless reboot and suddenly this thread became relevant to me!

Now that I read your post, I realize that I too, in a rather rash moment while trying to free up some space for a new app, deleted kde from the media card without uninstalling per penguinbait's instructions/assistance.

I will have reflash tonite. O well, I guess i really needed to clean things up anyway!

I have an issue where the tablet doesn't charge. When I plug it in it says not charging. Cylcle it and it doesn't boot and still dislplays not charging message when plugged in. any ideas?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Russia, Moscow
Hello, all

yesterday, I faced with exactly the same problem as above. After several experiments, I found simple solution which don't require reflashing. Maybe it will help someone .

I simple plug in charger in tablet and after the blue nokia label appeared, pressed 'on/off' button. After second or two, I had 'Charging' message with freezed battery icon (normally, battery is animated). After that, I left tablet alone for 10 or 15 minutes and battery icon become animated as usual. I charged tablet for an hour and pressed on/off button once again. After that, tablet booted normally without data loss.

It seems to me that tablet have some internal timer which performs reboot when boot process lasts too long. But if you have a lot of files on internal memory card, fsck of it may require long time. When tablet is in charging mode, fsck have a chance to complete (this timer is switched off?).

Best regards, Max

Last edited by Shmuma; 2008-06-15 at 21:04.