Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Is it? I receive SMS with weekly account summaries and immediate alerts like low funds. I check my statements and pay my bills. All on my Jolla with no Android support.
This has nothing to do with Telebanking on a Smartphone

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
This has nothing to do with Telebanking on a Smartphone
Sorry about the confusion. I would have never interpreted it that way but I see juiceme also do so...

Just to clarify, SMS and paying my bills are TWO DIFFERENT facets of my use of my phone for banking. Of course I pay my bills through online banking, by logging in to my bank's website. On my phone.

If anything, I consider it safer than doing it from my PC at work. The reason being, I carry my phone with me all the time. Unlike my PC, which I leave behind unattended.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Sorry about the confusion. I would have never interpreted it that way but I see juiceme also do so...

Just to clarify, SMS and paying my bills are TWO DIFFERENT facets of my use of my phone for banking. Of course I pay my bills through online banking, by logging in to my bank's website. On my phone.

If anything, I consider it safer than doing it from my PC at work. The reason being, I carry my phone with me all the time. Unlike my PC, which I leave behind unattended.
Just to clarify: I would never use Online Banking on my Phone as I'm also using mTAN (on the same device). Same is true for TANs via an App. This poses a very high security problem. Also the banks prohibit using Banking and use of the TAN system on the same device (somewhare on page 739 of the contract or so). If something happens you're screwed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I have asked lastucase last week if they will create a fairphone wallet such as the Jolla one.

No answer so far :/

I really want that so I can start use my Fairphone as daily sailfish phone.

And btw:

We want sailfishos on Fairphone retweet if agree

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2016-09-03 at 11:08.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
Banking on a Smartphone is a NoGo anyways.
Why because you think it can be hacked? Even a bank can be hacked now adays. seen just a few years back, when a group stole money virtualy. I do my payments over the mobile phone since years and check how much is still on the account. Because its faster I can scan the payment slipps and proceed with it right away. On the pc I would have to buy a payment slip scanner, which i didnt wanted so far.

Where I live we have online banking. I dont know if some banks are still working with lists but most of the time you use your bankcard with a smal device. That generates a code which you can use with login and password. But also on a PC if a hacker realy wants to get the data he can. Depends for both how you use it and how you behave with it yourself. If you use the mobile in public for payments is stupid and if you dont secure your pc or homenetwork is stupid as well.

So saying banking on a mobile is a nogo, is an opinion but in my eyes a dull one. I have a jolla phone since it came out and had to change to another one (Fairphone 2 as the Jolla one broke and you cant get parts for it) and I just hope that Sailfish OS will be fully functional on that too.

And your right using mTan and banking app on the same device is a security issue. But again it depens how you use the phone and what you install on it, in my eyes. And of course what operating system is on it.

Last edited by MutoSan; 2016-09-13 at 09:56.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MutoSan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Issues so far in Alpha2

* URadio plays AAC streams in to low sample rate it seems. Wierd... and sometimes uradio just crashed. Qt audio/gstreamer issue not sure.
* double tap will not wakeup device. not sure this can will be supported on FP cause of the screen type?
* Many applications is not available in Jolla store? Including my own apps (uradio, mymoney and sailserver) not sure why. Installed them manually and all works.

What works:

* Wifi works as expected
* My Bluetooth headset just worked right away yay
* Both front and back camera works

Not tested:

* Cellular

My cat is mad at me cause I just play with my phones

Picture taken with SFOS on Fairphone without flash.
Nice wish I could install it but I run all the time into: remote: Bogus size sparse and chunk header. So far I only changed cables, will no also change port on the pc.
I thought double tap has to do with sensors and not the screen itself. Because the Jolla and the Fairphone both are using LCD based Displays.

You also wrote that you manaded to install Sailfish on Fairphone with Teamwin. Is that a software too?

The Following User Says Thank You to MutoSan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
TeamWin (TWRP) is an Android Recovery. Well its a Software, which installed on Recovery Partition of the Android phone (In our case FP2).
You can start it with Vol+ & PowerOn.
With TWRP you can do full backups and restores of the WHOLE system. Android GMS, Fairphone Open or Sailfish can be installed, backed up, restored and replaced with this Software.

But unfortunately you have no Dualboot. You can have only one Operating System on the FP2.
But you can install Sailfish, back it up, install Android, back it up, restore Sailfish and so on.

For the other issues i would say alpha2 updated to the 2.0.2.51 via OTA is very stable on the FP2.
Yes, there are some issues like Tap to Unlock, which not working, but on this hardware it runs much better than on Jolla1, Jolla C or Intex. !

Of course we need official support, commercial parts (alien Dalvik) etc.
But for today - FP2 is usable as a daily driver, when you can live with small bugs or when you are ready to fix small issues by yourself.

If somebody need an perfect supported system where anything works out of the box - well in this case Sailfish is not the best decision (IMHO)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Mal- posted his devel-repos to public here:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/using-...ssues/17084/60

So, everybody, who want to have the freshest bleeding-edge stuff on his/her FP2 just out from the mal-'s kitchen should replace the testing repos with this devel-repos:

adaptation0
Code:
http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/devel:/hw:/fairphone:/fp2-sibon/sailfish_latest_armv7hl/
extra
Code:
http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/devel:/hw:/common/sailfish_latest_armv7hl/
I made an small manual for the whole process - anybody who need it - can write me an email to explit (at) gmail.com and i will send it via email personally but i will not post it to public.

And please: YOUR SHOULD KNOW, WHAT YOU ARE DOING !!!

Last edited by explit; 2016-09-13 at 12:01.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by explit View Post
Mal- posted his devel-repos to public here:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/using-...ssues/17084/60
Just upgraded to latest_armv7hl

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2016-09-14 at 15:43.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Upgraded to latest_armv7hl
Adaptation should be 0.0.1.80

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, fair phone, fairphone2