Active Topics

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Hafnia
Originally Posted by sherifnix View Post
Is it possible to have a cable with Female A and Micro male on the end? Something short like 2-3 inches so its flexible. That would be the ideal adapter
+1 on that, would be perfect IMO .

Originally Posted by grog View Post
So I'm still confused. What's the bottom line, i.e. where can I go in North America (preferably Canada even) to get an adapter that will work for the N810? tx
The easiest solution for you is probably just to use a USB gender changer like this one: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.d...646~r.45363994 ($1.48 including free postage, delivered to your door in Canada in about 2 weeks).

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by DJames1 View Post
The easiest solution for you is probably just to use a USB gender changer like this one: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.d...646~r.45363994 ($1.48 including free postage, delivered to your door in Canada in about 2 weeks).
That looks like an adapter for a full sized usb. Doesn't the N810 have a micro-sd slot? tx
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
US or Canadian residents can go to digikey, I gave the link.

Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
US or Canadian residents can go to digikey, I gave the link.
You mean in the link in this post? Quite a bit more expensive than DealExtreme. What's the difference?
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Isn't this what we're looking for? Only $3.99

The Following User Says Thank You to grog For This Useful Post:
That looks like an adapter for a full sized usb.
Correct - it's a female A to female A adapter (accepts a regular USB plug on both sides). You stick it on the end of your existing cable.

Originally Posted by DJames1 View Post
Correct - it's a female A to female A adapter (accepts a regular USB plug on both sides). You stick it on the end of your existing cable.
Ah, of course, I wasn't thinking about it right. That would work.

But what I'm envisioning I guess is a micro B male to a standard A female, so you don't need an extra cable, just plug the device straight into the adapter & the adapter into the NIT.

It looks like they were talking about the same thing in this thread, but weren't able to find anything suitable.

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
I am not aware of the offer from "dealextreme", but if it's cheaper go for it. Digikey is expensive.

[...] what I'm envisioning I guess is a micro B male to a standard A female, so you don't need an extra cable, just plug the device straight into the adapter & the adapter into the NIT.
I sent a message to retractablecables about getting a female-to-female adapter from them (so I can order from just one source), but they haven't responded yet. It's looking like my best option is to get this adapter from retractablecables & this adapter from dealextreme.

Can someone please confirm for me that I'm on the right track for what I want? Since the N810 price seems to be dropping, I'd like to get these on order so I can be ready to play when my tablet arrives.