Active Topics

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Midlands, UK
I thought it might be nice to get a thread of Gtalk VOIP testing people together. I normally use jabber for IM, so only have a gmail account for email - and no VOIP contacts!

Feel free to give me a call on my gmail.com account to test out the new 2006 software. I'm on that domain with account matthewslevine.

Cheers!
jaycee

Same thing here.

debb1046 on gmail

Regards,
Reiner

I would want to test it..except I can't get it to work. I got a gmail account, set it up on the nokia770 but when I try to put myself online, it doesn't connect and put me back offline. I even forward port 5222 and 5223 to the 770 and still nothing. Authentication failed.

Originally Posted by NokNok770
I would want to test it..except I can't get it to work. I got a gmail account, set it up on the nokia770 but when I try to put myself online, it doesn't connect and put me back offline. I even forward port 5222 and 5223 to the 770 and still nothing. Authentication failed.
i also have that problem it's pretty sad not to be able to use it

i want to do some testing also.

neoredux@jabber.org (yes, jabber is compatable with gtalk.)

Well, it works - I just had a short chat with neoredux, both of us on 770s. Dunno if the fact that he was on jabber made a difference, it was still pretty neat that we could talk through our 770s.

- Dennis Brothers

yeah, i've been able to connect with brothers through voip, which was the first 770 to 770 call ive ever made, and also affirms jabber to google talk compatable.

Alright...made my first successful google chat to dbrothers. This is pretty cool. My preveious attemps caused loss of network connectivity and even reboots. There's still many bugs...but it works!!!

Hi guys, Ive tried making a gtalk voice call after upgrading and I cant get the either 770 to answer the calls. I can make a call between gtalk on a PC and a 770 and the call works and both sides can hear. Chat works fine. There is no firewall as such, although there is NAT, but since the PC to 770 works ok Im guessing there doesnt need to be any port forwarding setup. My gmail account is rwardley is anyone would care to help out.
Regards Rich

Me too...happy to try out GTalk..

name is albertkarel

I've tried it and it works fine...but everyone is on Skype...they
don't want GTalk because no multiparty conversations.