Name is out too, it's called the "Pro1" according to the sourcecode of that blog post:

At Mobile World Congress, F(x)tec, a London-based startup dedicated to bringing back and making better well-loved features missing in current mobile phones and related devices, today unveiled its first product, the Pro1, a new premium unlocked Android smartphone with a sliding and angled landscape QWERTY keyboard.
I wonder if this phone design allows for easier access to the battery for replacing it, afterall there is no need to unglue the screen to get there...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diamondback For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
Here's a new image from their (as of this time) protected launch blog post:
https://www.fxtec.com/fxtec-unveils-...v=3a52f3c22ed6

Headphone jack is indeed at the top of the phone.
What’s the password

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What’s the password
I tried a few, but no luck so far

The Following User Says Thank You to Diamondback For This Useful Post:
Headphone jack is indeed at the top of the phone.
What's "the top"? Portait-mode-top, like usual phones? Or Landscape-mode-top like for a landscape qwerty slider?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frnk For This Useful Post:
Someone on Twitter just pointed this out to me but did you realize announcement =/= launch?
That means we could still be months away or longer from the device being offered for sale

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frnk View Post
What's "the top"? Portait-mode-top, like usual phones? Or Landscape-mode-top like for a landscape qwerty slider?
Oh yea sorry, portrait top, ie the left side of the device in the newest photo, you can see it there if you brighten the image with some editing tool.
Attached Images

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Diamondback For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Someone on Twitter just pointed this out to me but did you realize announcement =/= launch?
That means we could still be months away or longer from the device being offered for sale
They specifically use the word "launch" in their communication, but yea, it's very possible that this means nothing and that we'll still have to wait far too long.

Any idea what the two silvery "dots" could be at the top left side (portrait) of the device? I assumed this was the SIM slots, but it somehow reminds me of the older Xperia magnetic charging plugs...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diamondback For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
The password protected page has been deleted or moved... booo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
They specifically use the word "launch" in their communication, but yea, it's very possible that this means nothing and that we'll still have to wait far too long.

Any idea what the two silvery "dots" could be at the top left side (portrait) of the device? I assumed this was the SIM slots, but it somehow reminds me of the older Xperia magnetic charging plugs...
I think just SIM slots or buttons. Nothing new I don't believe
Too lazy to check the other pictures scattered across the interwebs

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
The password protected page has been deleted or moved... booo
The whole website went down for a few mins. Guess they're making changes as we speak

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit