Active Topics

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
that's what I was talking about. break a promise once - that will happen again and again.
ähhhhhhh????
Can you by chance tell me which promise he has broken in the past and what he broke now???????????

And even if, it will be October when the devices will be delivered. What is the point? Better a slight delay than a device which isn't ready. To be honest for me all your concerns sound more and more like a little child which can't get something and for this reason this item is rubbish and the one who isn't giving it to you is evil.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
One more question for those that have had a hands on. From the video that is shown on the order site, it really looks like it would be hard to reach and press the number keys because they appear to be too close to the screen edge/bezel. What is your experience?

Thanks!
If I remember correctly, that is something Chen already considered during the prototyping phase. Some early prototypes had a smaller gap between the screen and the top row, and it was expanded later just to solve this very issue you are mentioning.

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Will indeed update status very shortly. Team is working hard for the delivery.
Birthday in 7 days, business trip in 10 days. You wouldn't want me to be bored at my business trip while I could spend all week playing with my keyboard, would you?

Good luck for this last sprint Chen! Hope everything works exactly as planned.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-09-11 at 20:56.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
And even if, it will be October when the devices will be delivered. What is the point? Better a slight delay than a device which isn't ready. To be honest for me all your concerns sound more and more like a little child which can't get something and for this reason this item is rubbish and the one who isn't giving it to you is evil.
I think the device is practically "ready" (which means it is treated as final), but there are circumstances which are out of their control or at least it is not easy to organize in time.

(Set up mass production including the availability of components, assemble units including handling of different layout(s), do some testing, organize transport, do final inspection and packaging - somewhere and somehow...)

I don't feel him like a little child but somebody who haven't faced similar issues and don't really understand the background processes. Thus, it looks for him as there are promises but still not much practical fulfillment. Also, he is not really know how huge this project is for a relatively small group of people and how much "mantime" such a project may need not speaking about the competency needed to build up a highly complicated device like this.

The background process is practically hidden, so efforts are not really public (only some parts).

So, if the final product will be delivered and has good quality (including all aspects), then it worths a really huge respect for them.
Seriously.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
If they mention a date and fail they are liars. If they don't launch any date at all they are called scamers. I prefer to wait and see. We have to remember that not all depends exclusively on themselves...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Watched yesterday Apple event on my friends place who is Apple devoted. A lot of overwords as usual but one thing I have thought a lot is the apple watch. My father has had several heart attacks and constant problems and I have also started to have heart problems. To get alerted by your wrist and to get instant EKG would be useful. And it seems it doesn't need anymore to have an iphone or other apple products (if I understood correctly). I just think it could be possible to make a microusb plug with wires and maybe some gadget included and get the same working with N900. Or on F(x)TecPro. I doubt they will opensource their sourcecode for the appropriate software for free use though.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Watched yesterday Apple event on my friends place who is Apple devoted. A lot of overwords as usual but one thing I have thought a lot is the apple watch. My father has had several heart attacks and constant problems and I have also started to have heart problems. To get alerted by your wrist and to get instant EKG would be useful. And it seems it doesn't need anymore to have an iphone or other apple products (if I understood correctly). I just think it could be possible to make a microusb plug with wires and maybe some gadget included and get the same working with N900. Or on F(x)TecPro. I doubt they will opensource their sourcecode for the appropriate software for free use though.
http://www.cronovo.com/
And i believe there are more brands available

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
that's what I was talking about. break a promise once - that will happen again and again.

but I'm sure there was some very-out-of-control-reasons for that so no worries!

I'd say real hands-on would be possible somewhere in December.
The one thing I hate about this forum, there's no block user feature...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
The one thing I hate about this forum, there's no block user feature...
If that was possible it would become a half a dozen person forum

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
http://www.cronovo.com/

And i believe there are more brands available
Oh, the irony..

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
This is also possible with the new Withings watches, at a small fraction of the price of crapapple watches....

Also Withings used to be part of Nokia even though they now are French

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit