Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
We all waited years for a dream device such as Fx Tec Pro1. If Chen and his team did not dared to try this project we would wait a lot more years for a device like this. I am willing to wait until it is completly ready. I have a 2019 Banana Phone that i have to play with
now, when you put it like that it's kinda to private for the board

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by netman View Post
.. something tells me you'll still end up buying one by the end of october when they go retail xD.
Probably, but the major concern here is the numerous delays. A consumer is free to do whatever they want.
If the device isn't ready, that's fine. Don't commit to a timeframe and then delay repeatedly. Shows a mismanagement and doesn't look good professionally, to me at least.
I have full confidence they are working hard to get the device out, and will do their best to make sure it's perfect, but as a consumer and early supporter, I don't like being strung along. What's not to say they wont do the same if your device needs to be repaired or if there's a problem with your order?
Just because someone cancels their order now doesn't mean they don't support the company or can't buy later. I think the pre orderers support the company in their endeavors, evidenced by the payment we gave 2 months ago. I just don't support the mismanagement.

All love for the team and their product, I'll wait a little longer but I can't wait forever. I feel like a fool for having waited this long and this purchase is probably more driven by emotion than anything else at this point. But regardless I'll give them a little more time.

All of this also explains why we haven't heard anything from them officially too. If they sent out another email saying there was a delay, it would be really bad press. I would argue keeping us in the dark though is worse. rather they be forthcoming than effectively being lied to.

Last edited by gtmaster303; 2019-09-30 at 13:57.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
punctuality is one of the fundamental basis of being an englishman
Not only the Scots are laughing aloud.
I dare to conclude: "There are no Englishmen left, Dam!"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AardDevil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Probably, but the major concern here is the numerous delays. A consumer is free to do whatever they want.
If the device isn't ready, that's fine. Don't commit to a timeframe and then delay repeatedly. Shows a mismanagement and doesn't look good professionally, to me at least.
I have full confidence they are working hard to get the device out, and will do their best to make sure it's perfect, but as a consumer and early supporter, I don't like being strung along. What's not to say they wont do the same if your device needs to be repaired or if there's a problem with your order?
Just because someone cancels their order now doesn't mean they don't support the company or can't buy later. I think the pre orderers support the company in their endeavors, evidenced by the payment we gave 2 months ago. I just don't support the mismanagement.

All love for the team and their product, I'll wait a little longer but I can't wait forever. I feel like a fool for having waited this long and this purchase is probably more driven by emotion than anything else at this point. But regardless I'll give them a little more time.
I'm not saying he's wrong to do whatever he chooses, pre-orders (for any product) are probably not a wise thing to join anyways... Maybe should have worded myself differently or not speak but too late now. Do find it odd to get out so close to the finish line.

Personally I don't mind the wait much though, all is fine for me if the phone will be as good as it looks . Why do people even expect this to be smooth sailing for fxtec? This is pretty much how startups seem to go, and they have quite the ambitious project. They could improve communications, sure, but they're obviously legit and the product is absolutely awesome, why so many complaints?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
they are caught lying to customers who already gave them money. that's enough to complain.
You won. Keep the prize and let me say be happy with it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Fxtec better get a proper PR guy or they're heading the way AMD was going: obscurity.

Can't say I exactly agree with the way they're running things either.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
For people who cancels their order: bye bye, you'll not be missed
Others will enjoy their phones with hw keyboard soon (:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
For people who cancels their order: bye bye, you'll not be missed
Others will enjoy their phones with hw keyboard soon (:
If you really care about the company, I probably wouldn't encourage people to cancel. I'm not entertaining a cancellation out of revenge or spite. I need a new phone ASAP and if they don't provide one, I'll have to look elsewhere
Most likely I'll buy this phone at a later point but I can't have my funds tied up here in the meantime.
Hindsight is a beautiful thing and had I known the phone wouldn't come out until this late in the year, I would've probably bought a better phone to keep me going for a while. But alas that's all water under the bridge now. Seriously though my phone spends more time on the charger than off it. It's pretty much gone

Last edited by gtmaster303; 2019-09-30 at 22:12.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
I think we all know that forum member, that’s waiting much more for shipping date than any of us Unexpected things happen, specially when you’re doing something for the first time.

I’ve gifted my main Phone to family member in June, and using a backup phone since then. Currently digitizer started to die.. as much as I would love to support this project, if my phone dies before the shipping, I would cancel my order.

EDIT:

It's not a negative post, I trust Chen, and believe that F(x)tec will deliver, but I'm too dependent on my smartphone for work, so I must buy another phone when my phone dies.

Last edited by DDark; 2019-10-03 at 05:28. Reason: clarification

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit