Reply
Thread Tools
Benson's Avatar
Posts: 4,930 | Thanked: 2,259 times | Joined on Oct 2007
#1
I'm using some CSS in ~/.mozilla/microb/chrome/userContent.css to make itT forums more accessible on the tablet. (Restyling the classic theme somewhat, fixed the mouse-over color issue, made bigger buttons and such.) It was going great, even worked well in portrait mode, but now it completely stopped working.

I wonder if anyone else who uses stylesheets on top of Classic can confirm that they're seeing problems, or that it's fine for them (and I've got a local issue).

Or, if Reggie is reading, you know if there have been changes to the Classic theme?
 
Reggie's Avatar
Administrator | Posts: 1,437 | Thanked: 3,146 times | Joined on Jul 2005
#2
No changes have been made recently to the Classic theme. I did add a mod_rewrite script for the whole site to redirect all http://internettablettalk.com queries to http://www.internettablettalk.com (to add a www prefix). Maybe this might have affected your script?
__________________
Reggie Suplido
 
Benson's Avatar
Posts: 4,930 | Thanked: 2,259 times | Joined on Oct 2007
#3
Could be that. (I thought my script would handle both, though I'd made no effort to test.)
Anyway, thanks, and I'll re-examine my config here.
 
briand's Avatar
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
#4
Benson --

I'm using the same stylesheet on my N800. It was working fine as recently as last night, as I was browsing the board from the comfort of my living room recliner. I can't test it now, because I'm at work and all the public access points are unreachable because the local AP (which doesn't offer internet connectivity, yet) is drowning them out... :/ I can check it when I get home, this evening.
 
Benson's Avatar
Posts: 4,930 | Thanked: 2,259 times | Joined on Oct 2007
#5
Works now, restarted the browser ~3 more times (only incidentally, as I had already restarted twice before I gave up trying) and then saw it was working. <shrug>
I think it may have been related to the old version of Personal Menu I was using.

And I'm including my current version for completeness; it's actually changed a bit more since last I posted it, and it's working correctly now:
Code:
@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
@-moz-document url-prefix("http://www.internettablettalk.com/") {
  alt1 { font-size: 120% !IMPORTANT; }
  a:hover { color: #004 !IMPORTANT;}
  div { padding: 0 !IMPORTANT; }
  div#header { margin: 0 !IMPORTANT; width: 100% !IMPORTANT;}
  div#header div { margin: 0 !IMPORTANT; width: 100% !IMPORTANT; background: #C8C8C8 !IMPORTANT; }
  div#hd4 { display: table !IMPORTANT; height: 48px !IMPORTANT; }
  div#header-body { display: table-row !IMPORTANT; height: 48px !IMPORTANT; }
  div#header-body a { display: table-cell !IMPORTANT; width: 19.8% !IMPORTANT; text-align: center !IMPORTANT; }
  img#home { position: relative !IMPORTANT; top: 3px !IMPORTANT; left: 0 !IMPORTANT; }
  img#forum { position: relative !IMPORTANT; top: 2px !IMPORTANT; left: 0 !IMPORTANT; }
  img#wiki { position: relative !IMPORTANT; top: 2px !IMPORTANT; left: 0 !IMPORTANT; }
  img#sw { position: relative !IMPORTANT; top: 3px !IMPORTANT; left: 0 !IMPORTANT; }
  img#gallery { position: relative !IMPORTANT; top: 2px !IMPORTANT; left: 0 !IMPORTANT; }
  img#contact { position: relative !IMPORTANT; top: 5px !IMPORTANT; left: 0 !IMPORTANT; }
  .advert { display: none !IMPORTANT;}
  .pagenav .smallfont { font-size: 200% !IMPORTANT;}
  .pagenav td { width: 30px !IMPORTANT; height: 30px !IMPORTANT; text-align: center !IMPORTANT; white-space: nowrap !IMPORTANT;}
  .pagenav td a { display: table-cell !IMPORTANT; width: 30px !IMPORTANT; height: 100% !IMPORTANT; vertical-align: center !IMPORTANT; text-align: center !IMPORTANT;}
  span.navbar { font-size: 50% !IMPORTANT; }
  td.vbmenu_control { height: 30px !IMPORTANT; }
  td.vbmenu_control a { display: table-cell; height: 30px !IMPORTANT; font-size: 80% !IMPORTANT; vertical-align: center !IMPORTANT; padding: 10px 0 !IMPORTANT;}
  td.vbmenu_control img { display: none !IMPORTANT; }
  div.wrapper { margin: 0 !IMPORTANT;}
  .button { font-size: 200% !IMPORTANT;}
}
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
briand's Avatar
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
#6
....and, I was juust going to post that it's working fine, here.
 
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,164 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
#7
Hey, Benson, thanks. I installed your userContent.css additions and it greatly improves browsing this website. It's always seemed ironic to me that this is one of the least (maybe the very least) NIT-friendly websites I go to. Now even the Home page loads painlessly.

(Maybe you should start another thread with a more, say, inviting title , and put your code there, so people searching for how to improve their experience browsing this site on their Tablets will find it.)
__________________
.
. .

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)
 
Benson's Avatar
Posts: 4,930 | Thanked: 2,259 times | Joined on Oct 2007
#8
Well, it's not finished yet. Some things are still broken in portrait mode; I need to fix them before actually posting them in a prominent way.
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 23:36.