Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
the problem with that is the videos i save to the memory card cannot be seen on local videos!
Hmm I have all the videos I saved appearing under "local videos" in the c2.tube menu. They are NOT appearing under the "My Videos" tab. I initially had a problem with the symbolic link hack and ended up using Canola cleaning to delete all and then reinstalled and re linked the directories at which point it worked. I know that sounds like a PITA but it took me all of 5 minutes to do and seems to work great.

Unfortunately I continue to have issues installing Canola 2 Beta 7. I'm running OS 2006 on a Nokia 770. I have previously tried to install Beta 6 and had the same issue. I've run canola-cleanup a few times to see if that would help, but it has not.

Nokia770-49:~# canola -vv
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/canola", line 19, in <module>
import ecore.evas
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PIL/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
# $Id: __init__.py 2134 2004-10-06 08:55:20Z fredrik $
ImportError: libXfixes.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Minneapolis, MN
Originally Posted by slip View Post
When I saw the term "local" videos, I thought there was a way to put in your zip code or address and find videos that we posted from around your geographic location!
That's funny, I thought exactly the same thing! Would be quite a cool feature if it could be done.

Strange enough, if you add the youtube-temp-directory to the (video-) media library then you can't see any downloaded videos under the normal "My videos"-Button, maybe it only recognizes .avi, .mpg and .mp4 but no .flv's

On my N810, however, everything works fine:
I changed my own youtube-temp directory with a symlink, I can download youtube videos and I can view them using the "local videos" in the youtube plugin.

Originally Posted by gtallan View Post
That's funny, I thought exactly the same thing! Would be quite a cool feature if it could be done.
Yes, but people will have to add the extra recorded information when they submit they videos.

Something like what some people does adding geo location in photos uploaded to flickr o google picasa wa...

But it is a great idea

grrr... I just installed canola via x-term and I read somewhere that a restart might be required so I went ahead and restarted my tablet. Now when every I start my tablet, I enter my lock code, I see the two hands, then my leds flash and my tablet turns off. Anybody knows what the problem is..?

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
@sully : as we have pointed here, the os2006 is really problematic, and maybe you will face a lot of problems if you had other applications / repositories installed that maybe installed several possible dependencies of canola in different versions.

This kind of case we cannot predict very well, so the only thing I can assure you is :

1) in a clean device (fresh installed) following the instructions on the website always install correctly (unless your network is really dumping on you)

2) we did what we could to help those users (canola-cleanup) but we part from the starting point that the chance that you knew what you were doing when installed each software.. : /

@other guys : the local videos is temporary. What we are doing is the following : there will be a "Downloads" folder, where ins ide you have podcast, videocast, youtube. Then in the configurations you will be able to choose the location for it.

@scarfish: this is actually a first time that we see this. Were you in red pill mode? did you have devel version of repositories enabled?

We need a lot more info to be able to help you.

@Tantris : yes indeed, media scanner doesnt search flv still. It;s on going as I said above

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Is Canola using similar mplayer settings to those found in /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf?

For some reason playback of flash video is very different for me inside Canola vs. outside with mplayer. The original aspect ratio is lost and I get studdering inside Canola with a saved youtube video. Outside it plays smooth and with the correct 4:3 aspect ratio in mplayer by itself.

ok i've still not been able to acces my tablet, so i've reflashed it, but i wasn't able to create a backup so all my apps r gone.. so once i fllashed, i tried to install apps, but i cant. no apps can be installed.!!!!! not even skype.

i dont know what to do.....