Active Topics

Originally Posted by happymeal20
sorry if this is basic.
That's ok, we're all learning here
A repository is just basically a database of applications. You point your internet tablet to a repository and the repository provides you with a list of applications you can install, and all of their dependancies. It also makes it easy to do updates with just a couple clicks if an application in the repository receives an update.
To add a repository:
Go to Tools->Application Manager
Then, in the Application Manager menu, go to Tools->Application Catalog
Click "New", fill in the required fields and select "OK". If only the url is specified, just leave the other fields as default. When you close the Catalog dialog, "Application Manager" will prompt you to refresh your database. Choose yes. This just download the list of applications available from the repository.
Have fun!

Originally Posted by hcweb
Does anyone have a repository, .deb package of ssl library so msn works on gaim for it2006.
There is a gnutls package, along with it's dependancies in this repository:
http://www.kernelconcepts.de/~fuchs/nokia770/ex_2006/

but I installed them and still no go. from gaims faq on the matter (gaim.sf.net/faq-ssl.php) it seems that ssl needs to be enabled at compile time with "./configure --enable-gnutls=yes". Can someone with a development environment recompile this for us? Coolty, do you know the contact person who is working on this?

brad, the porter of this version of gaim is from www.maemo-hackers.org i believe.

Already made a ticket at www.maemo-hackers.com for the ssl library problem.

Well, for the time being we can use a jabber account with an msn transport. I'm doing it and it seems to work fine.

Anyone getting a sound error in Game logged into aim accessing a chat room. I get an error in the room when a sound should be played when a user enter or exits. Something like missing files in /usr/share/sounds/gaim/the-name-of-the-sound-file.wav.

Or could someone be so kind as to look and see if the have the gaim sounds folder in that location.

When i tried to install gain i was logged in with Gtalk and the install failed, I had to reinstall.

thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by bradpitcher
Well, for the time being we can use a jabber account with an msn transport. I'm doing it and it seems to work fine.
How do you manage to setup the msn transport in the nokia. My problem is how to autologin to the transport from the nokia cause on pc y use psi and select login but in the nokia the agent/tranport does not show

There is a new build on maeomo-hackers. The fixes the ssl problem. It works great. At first have to do a restart. and manualy connect to internet. But finnaly gaim properly working. Thanks Maemo-Hackers for their quick reponse. And it has user pics cool. Still wanna now how to use transport on jabber. It should be cool to have online contacs on the desktop.

Originally Posted by wiredless
Anyone getting a sound error in Game logged into aim accessing a chat room. I get an error in the room when a sound should be played when a user enter or exits. Something like missing files in /usr/share/sounds/gaim/the-name-of-the-sound-file.wav.

Or could someone be so kind as to look and see if the have the gaim sounds folder in that location.
Theres is no gaim folder in /usr/share/sounds.
Need to makea new ticket for this problem.
For Now you can disable sounds, in options menu when talking to a person

Understood but, you have to do that every time you enter a chat. Lots of bugs this is going to be a big ticket.