Active Topics

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
The Backup/Restore application is not working. It will launch, allow me to select the save location and the data to backup. After clicking ok it just hangs and eventually displays a not responding...close prompt.

I have tried on both memory cards.

I discovered this after finally getting the default email to work again. It was crashing during launch. Thats an issue for another thread perhaps, but I thought there might have been a conflict with running Modest in tandem.

I did poke around in the terminal some yesterday, but not too deeply. But you know the saying, know just enough to be dangerous? Did I muck something up?

I do have a backup that I could in theory restore...if that works. But it was not as recent as I would like.

Last edited by mfortner; 2008-03-01 at 21:20.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
FIXED! My search did not uncover this thread with the fix I used:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=16627
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Are you using Claws and are you confortable with xterm and becomeroot?

If no please ignore the rest..
If yes could you do the following?

Open an xterm.

try to backup again choosing only 'settings'
does it work now?

Note that you can revert back to your previous configuration by doing the following:

It seems for me this is the root of the problem which makes my backup-osso nuts and I would like to double check with others before filling a bug.

Thanks.
For the record, I had uninstalled Claws.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hillsboro, Nh.
I also had installed Claws (March 30th, 2008) then uninstalled it. Couldn't make a backup either, so they haven't fixed the claws bug yet.
I even tried reinstalling Claws, then tried to Restore, still no luck..........till I stumbled on this fix/workaround. Many thanks...i thought I was going to have to reflash.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deluxe For This Useful Post: