Originally Posted by Deadpan View Post
VNC can be used to log into my PC, not /just/ the other way around, right?
yep

///////

The Following User Says Thank You to dblank For This Useful Post:
The smaller Nokia chargers (390mAh or thereabouts) work fine, but it takes longer to charge than with the larger ones (and the NITs come with a large one) rated to 890mAh.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Ancaster
Avoid buying "high power" battery from Amazon. Scam. Get a lower rating non branded phone batt. Ok it fits and works but not as long as OE.
Yep this fool did

Replacement non-original batteries are mostly junk (not just for Nokia, for all devices using brand-name lithium ion batteries). Due to the total lack of standards, testing, or reliable ratings, suppliers are free to put whatever rating they want on a barely-functional battery made as cheaply as possible, with the expected results. Given the huge disparity in cost between original brand-name batteries and replacements, it may still be worth experimenting. But until we see some reliable standards, your chances of finding a good replacement battery at random are pretty slim.

Deadpan, did you ever get your n800 paired with your Samsung Stripe? I've not been able to do so.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I found a couple of good replacement cheap batteries; in other words, every one I tried was good (except for a Nokia battery).

No. It would appear the Samsung Stripe does not have data modem capaiblity. GRanted. I got it cause I just wanted a phone, and it works great as a phone, but it's only rally supports earpeices and handsfree devices.

Oh well.

GET A CASE FROM EBAY AND A SCREEN PROTECTOR
yeah sure sure many people will say "i havent had one for a year and im fine"

BUT on the chance that some stupid thing happens (like mine, which fell on the angled edge of a dumbell, on its screen, and now the touchscreen wont work), u'll be glad.

The Following User Says Thank You to OppositeOfIgnorance For This Useful Post:
Ummm, no. If that particular stupid thing happens, I'm pretty sure it's toast either way. But, yeah, buying a screen protector probably makes sense for the lesser stupid things; I haven't had one on my N800, and won't get one. But when I get my N900, I'm buying one.

Benson, has your screen held up well? I was wondering about a screen protector, but am not sure. I am very consicentious about devices, so on my behalf, there probably won't be any issues. I intend to keep the one that comes pre-applied on the device for as long as possible anyway, hehe