Notices

In Application Manager on my N800 (OS2008) I've got a map update showing as available under 'Check For Updates'.

The entry reads 'map' Version 2.2.6.377-1, Size = 4.3 MB.

However when I try to click update I get the message:

"Unable to install.
Software contains updates to packages installed from a different source and is likely to harm the system.
Contact software author"

Anyone know what I need to do to either install it (clicking 'Details' lists it as 'Maintainer: Wayfinder Systems) or delete it please?

I'd like to update if it is a genuine Wayfinder update.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Dayton, TN
I'm getting the same message. Not sure what the problem is. I haven't taken too much time to look into it yes.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Change to ged pill mode:

Appmanager > menu > appcatalog > new > in the address url just type matrix > CANCEL > red pill > ok > refresh applist ....ok

now update.

After update change to blue pill.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Thanks Sachin007, that worked.

Still don't know what 'Red Pill' and 'Blue Pill' mean in terms of the N800 though (of course I understand the Matrix reference).
Cheers

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ The Hague, The Netherlands
Funny. I don't see any map update on my tablet. Neither in red or blue pill mode. Did you find out what the update is about?

@Nif, no idea what the update was for. Haven't had a chance to see if any changes yet. Also in 'Red Pill' mode there were 2 x 'lib' file updates, but neither would install (just error message about needing some other files or something).
I was eager to get out of Red Pill' mode as it sounds serious and I don't know what it is yet (noob).

There's apparently a "significant" Map update coming soon with OS2008 update. So I wouldn't worry tooo much about getting this installed right now, since we will sonn be replacing it.

Zuber

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
There's apparently a "significant" Map update coming soon with OS2008 update. So I wouldn't worry tooo much about getting this installed right now, since we will sonn be replacing it.

Zuber
Where did ya find that?

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Where did ya find that?
I think the nokia rep in the n810 wimax video said that....

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
I just uninstalled map and reinstalled it which gave me the new version and removed the update notice.