Active Topics

The above mentioned install seems to install 2 versions of browsers.
1) Minefield - Titled Minefield
2) Fennec - titled Firefox

Minefield looks like the full featured Firefox browser with sidebars etc and with no kinetic scrolling

Fennec is the mobile version with kinetic scrolling.

Is there a way I can only install Fennec - so as to limit the memory used up in installed 2 apps ?

Oddly enough, when I click on "Fennec" in the Extras after installing from the above link, nothing happens.
I've tried to remove minefield and fennec and reinstalled thru apt-get again. It all checks out. Minefield works, but Fennec doesn't.
I don't even see a binary anywhere. Not in /usr/bin nor in /usr/local/fennec.

Any clues?

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by fizze View Post
Oddly enough, when I click on "Fennec" in the Extras after installing from the above link, nothing happens.
I've tried to remove minefield and fennec and reinstalled thru apt-get again. It all checks out. Minefield works, but Fennec doesn't.
I don't even see a binary anywhere. Not in /usr/bin nor in /usr/local/fennec.

Any clues?
I know it is disappointing to not work after installing it. But believe me at this point of time it is just waste of app space and time. It is not at all worth to spend even 5 minutes on that. It is highly unstable and not at all usable on a n800

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
its a developerr build nothing more nothing less. Any hopes anyone has of using this as a real browser are misplaced. From my experience I can clearly see there is a bright future for Firefox mobile.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
issue with the fennec not starting might be becuase of a duplicate minefield repo.
seems like the fennec repo has it own minefield deb.
and when you install fennec it installs the minefield from the other minefield repo.
if you have the minefield repo disable it.
and only use vlads fennec repo.

The Following User Says Thank You to unique311 For This Useful Post:
a few bugs are forgivable when it is lightyears ahead of the built-in browser

who needs scrollbars on a touchscreen device?