Hmm, I tried to visit http://www.mavs.com on my N810 yesterday because the game wasn't being televised on a channel I had access to but I was informed that the server couldn't verify whether or not I had flash installed or not. I imagine there's something I'd have to play with in the about:config section of the browser, anyone know?

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Hey Red,

Just tried that site on my OS2008 N800 and it pulled up just fine with all the Flash [trash] although I did get word that a script was causing Flash 9 to run slowly and I could abort the script, but even saying No didn't cause any noticeable problems.

I wonder if you have problems with other Flash-enabled sites. I take it this is the first issue seen of this nature? Have you already toyed with the browser config areas? You may need to undo what has been done in the past, if that is the case.

A good thing to always do is switch to a IE user agent....

No, I haven't touched the browser configuration at all. Have you switched to the IE user agent as scumgrief suggested?

Originally Posted by daveb70 View Post
Hey Red,

Just tried that site on my OS2008 N800 and it pulled up just fine with all the Flash [trash] although I did get word that a script was causing Flash 9 to run slowly and I could abort the script, but even saying No didn't cause any noticeable problems.

I wonder if you have problems with other Flash-enabled sites. I take it this is the first issue seen of this nature? Have you already toyed with the browser config areas? You may need to undo what has been done in the past, if that is the case.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Since I don't recall reading about it nor intentionally doing so, I'd have to say "No" to the IE user agent bit. I can certainly check any details which would give confirmation of this for you. All in all, apart from some special libs and repository catalogues I've added to allow a few not-quite-ready for OS2008 apps to run, I have not fiddled with my browser on my N800.

Huh, Youtube didn't work either so I thought to check if it was enabled under components and it was off for some reason. Should be fine now as Youtube works.

Yeah, it's always a good idea to check the components settings if Flash stops working. It's nearly always stopped because it's switched off.

No idea how this happens without people noticing it being switched off...