Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
Ok, I don't know if its the anti-aliasing or the size itself but my eyes are getting quite fatigued after on the tablet for more than 30 minutes or so. I could say I'm getting old but I'm 31. Not that old. I've searched and besides zooming, there's no real way to change the font size, or is there? Am I missing something? I'm running os2006.

The Following User Says Thank You to phi For This Useful Post:
... what's wrong with zooming? If you a; go to full screen mode and b; make sure the address bar is not enabled when in full screen mode you should be able to read/surf quite well by dragging the page back and forth.

Font size causing a problem for your eyes. Go to the opera.ini file and edit the min. font size setting; I found font size 14 and 16 works best. I can surf the web without using the zoom keys, and optimized view. Search maemo or this site for opera.ini, it should give you the neccessary info. You will need root access, xterm, and txt editor. Hope this will help. If you're using the 05 OS, add some memory to the cache and ram, this will make opera fly like the 06 OS.
I was using those setting on the 05 OS and only upgrade because of the thumb size keyboard and gtalk.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
Originally Posted by acdczip
Font size causing a problem for your eyes. Go to the opera.ini file and edit the min. font size setting; I found font size 14 and 16 works best. I can surf the web without using the zoom keys, and optimized view. Search maemo or this site for opera.ini, it should give you the neccessary info. You will need root access, xterm, and txt editor. Hope this will help. If you're using the 05 OS, add some memory to the cache and ram, this will make opera fly like the 06 OS.
I was using those setting on the 05 OS and only upgrade because of the thumb size keyboard and gtalk.
Thanks for the tips! I had thought from reading all the forums posts that opera ignores the minimum font size option. Its not even in my opera.ini by default, wonder why. Guess I'll try it out.