Active Topics

Hi guys, I'm pretty much on the same boat as the OP. I've already downloaded pidgin and have tried to input my user info for AIM and Yahoo but so far I'm not able to connect. Error I'm getting is "Could not connect to authentication server: Error resolving login.messaging.aol.com:Temporary failure in name resolution.

Also what is info should I fill in in the account info settings (ie local alias? advance settings)

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
Originally Posted by Kally View Post
THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU ALL!!! Tabster your instructions were great and since they worked immediately I didn't have to do anything else.

This site is great and for sure I will be asking tons of questions as I play with it and I will be doing tons of reading.
great! glad to hear it

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
Originally Posted by pakyooh View Post
Hi guys, I'm pretty much on the same boat as the OP. I've already downloaded pidgin and have tried to input my user info for AIM and Yahoo but so far I'm not able to connect. Error I'm getting is "Could not connect to authentication server: Error resolving login.messaging.aol.com:Temporary failure in name resolution.

Also what is info should I fill in in the account info settings (ie local alias? advance settings)
I have not used AIM with pidgin. But I think Local Alias is just any name you want to be called.
The Advanced tab had values in it for MSN so I just left them alone.

I would leave the Advanced tab alone unless someone knows different?
Make sure your screen name and password are correct and complete. My MSN screen name needed to include the @qweqwe.com part
Maybe someone who has AIM working can help

Thanks after the 5th attempt to log on it finally worked without changing or playin with the settings.