Notices

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
I don't want to say anything, but if personal menu was in the extras repository it had updated automatically libglade...

I am losing very much good software for the tablets because it's dispersed thereabouts.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
I will release the next version to extras (hopefully). I have some fixes for the next version (dialog, settings, and speed ups) that should be a pretty good release.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I am getting porcess 1398: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up .... D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so....

I am getting the above error on N800 and N810. Running 2008 with NOPASSWD file added. Any suggestions?

Installation went well, 0.5-1, and I am seeing an icon on the menu panel, it is creating the first personal-menu.

Nevermind, me bad. It shows the above error when there is nothing in the personal-menu. I started adding things in the menu via the control panel personal menu, it started to work. Thanks for the great app.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-04-12 at 16:26.

Originally Posted by OSEmuTech View Post
I got it installed after trying (after sudo gainroot)

apt-get install libglade2-0

I used this in Red Pill mode and it worked (libglade2-0 installed).

After than I just installed Personal Menu.

Thanks a bunch.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
A newbie guide for the installation:

xterm,
sudo gainroot,
apt-get install libglade2-0
go https://garage.maemo.org/projects/personal-menu/, and dl the .deb and click to install with app manager.
go Control panel>Panels uncheck an item on Task navigator to make room for the Personal Menu, I uncheck Contacts.
Now you should see an icon on the left panel of the tablet, look like a 'gear with an arrow inside'
Now go back to Control Panel>Personalization>Personal Menu and edit appl you want to be on the menu. If encounter password in getting root/superuser, follow this thread, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...6&postcount=63.

Copy from several previous posts, do not claim any credit at all. Hope this save someone some time to browse thru 100+ threads,

Enjoy,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-04-13 at 00:20.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I had the same problem from a clean reflash.

All I did was :
dpkg -i <location of personal menu>
apt-get -f install

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by kernelpanic View Post
Are those of you with this problem using the 'rotate' patch and status bar applet? I ask because I am and it seems to break the package 'osso-software-version', which holds back the libglade update described above...

hope this helps,
kernelpanic
Those files were fixed. Check jott's site again for a fix for that problem. I just removed my osso-software-version

No programs depend on if and if they do, I'll hack them if they don't.

Thank you for this very useful application.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
any other suggestions on why i still cant make the applications menu icon optional... i followed all the posts and it still wouldnt let me make it optional.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
also , one other question... in what folder should i put images to use for my own icons?