Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
Originally Posted by Palin
I just received a Kingston 2GB rs-mmc card and while the phone (a Nokia 6680) and the card reader read and write the card just fine, the 770 says "unformatted or damaged card".

I let the phone format it in case it was not ok, but the result is the same.

In the control panel I can't format the card because in the tab it says it's damaged and everything else is disabled.

Any idea?

Could it be the 770 reader is not 100% rs-mmc compatbile?

Edit: I'm runninng non-beta2006 and I don't wish to downgrade unless it's proved it will solve the issue.

From the time Nokia 770 was introduced to the Market, it has been totally compatible with RS-MMC Cards. As of it being totally compatible with a 2GB RS-MMC card is an entirely different story. So far from all the information known, the Nokia 770 can be used with good quality RS-MMC Cards like Sandisk, Lexar etc. The capacity or size of the RS-MMC that is well recognized by Nokia 770 is still at 1 GB. I think this is the problem that you face right now.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ central georgia, usa
I have three Kingston 1Gb cards. One of the three went south and had to be replaced. It worked for about 45 minutes before retiring.

If the 770 doesn't see it, try a camera (with the SD adapter) or stick it in a PC.

Sounds like you have a DOA, though.

Many of us got 2gb card working on the IT2006beta so it's definitely possible. It's only a matter of time before a patch for the IT2006 final comes out. I'm still waiting though....I got two 1gb card and one 2gb card. Bradb this forum had gotten someone to create the patch so hopefully he's working with someone to fix the IT2006 problem.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
Originally Posted by NokNok770
Bradb this forum had gotten someone to create the patch so hopefully he's working with someone to fix the IT2006 problem.
Actually I only posted the address and instructions, but I've e-mailed that author who built the kernel to see if he can build a newer one.

I did note that bug 621 is now marked "critical" so hopefully it will be addressed soon.

Brad.