Notices

Newbie here and am I glad to see the above. I am having the same url problem. I updated mplayer yesterday and I was about to blame it. Hope to have the fix soon my little girl is so used to it now that both she and me can't live without the youtube......

The Following User Says Thank You to Howie_it For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
this problem was reported here when it first started happening (early last weekend, I think). Marcelo (handful) replied that their team was seeing the same behavior -- it looks like youtube changed something, and the canola plugin would need to be updated. he further went on to say that this past Monday was a holiday there, so nobody would be able to take a look at the problem and coding a fix until Tuesday (yesterday).

Patience. The Canola development team is a good bunch of guys... give 'em a chance, and I'm sure they'll have things ironed out ASAP.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Colorado, USA
Originally Posted by mfortner View Post
I was getting the same url error with the saved files in the local videos folder too. How is the url used for saved videos?

I thought I had buggered it and spent last night and this morning troubleshooting, reflashing, restoring and groaning.
I ran into the same problem couple of days back where canola2 stopped playing local youtube videos even though it could list them. I noticed that it was doing it only for the videos I had save more than a week back while the more recently saved ones worked just fine. I poked around the filesystem and noticed that the older videos were saved under /media/mmc1/canola/youtube/videos while the newer ones were saved under /media/mmc1/My downloads/youtube. So I moved all files from /media/mmc1/canola/youtube/videos to /media/mmc1/My downloads/youtube. I started canola2 and it took a long time to start up (> 30 minutes. I stopped watching it and let it sit overnght). I assumed it was rebuilding some sort of index. After this all local videos play fine.

This sounds like just a hack but it worked for me.

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
ALRIGHT!!!!! The plugin is updated!! Thank you canola team! you rock!!!

I was (no joke) literally updating the application list every hour for the past two days :P

hmmm it works beautifully now! although... video playback seems choppier than I remember... oh well, it's probably just the horrible WiFi at my work. or maybe it's just me

anyway, thanks again!

*goes off to watch more vids*

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Canola Team, Thanks for the YouTube Plugin fix to synchronise with YouTube API changes (As I understand it) which means we can stream the videos again ;-)

Looking forward to an "Canola team endorsed" version of mplayer or other which improves the embedded video playback of the YouTube Videos within Canola.

As an interim measure where I really like a YouTube video and want to show friends I find myself using Canola to search/find them and mplayer with its basic GUI to play them without the audio/video sync issues.

YouTube and Last.fm plugins for Canola are REALLY GREAT

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
This looks like that I have to update Beta8 after all..

I guess latest youtube plugin doesnt work with Beta7.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Works great now Thank you

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Germany
hiho

i am a proud owner of a N810 now for almost a week and i'm enjoying canola2 very much...except of the youtube-client, which was broken...but today i found this board and the hint to the update, and now youtube is working again...(for me, the first time)

but there are still some problems with the youtube plug-in, regarding the performance...sometimes the playback is great, extremely fluently, but some videos have serious performance issues...(i couldn't discover if the problem refers to certain videos or possibly all videos)

in this thread almost everyone is quite pleased with the performance, so i think there must be a problem with my configuration...

using a N810 with OS2008, Canola2 newest version, Youtube-Plugin newest version

edit: forget following problems...

when i want to pause a youtube-video it doesn't really pause, just slowing down (and i mean veeery slow)...furthermore, is there no way to fast-forward?

another edit:

after testing several videos several times i discovered that the problem does NOT refer to certain videos, but occurs with almost every video sometimes
the problem can be "solved" by stopping the video (going back to the last window) and minimizing and maximizing canola...after doing this several times (usually 2 times is enough), the video runs flewently...

few minutes ago i discovered the same performance problem with a divx-video safed on the internal disk
so the problem is no more related to the youtube-plugin but to canola2 and my N810...

Last edited by J0ph33; 2008-04-25 at 13:47.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
This is really strange, anyhow the performance is going to be improved with the new MPLAYER version with better youtube (FLV) support.

so, it's a non-canola related problem, but a embedded mplayer mode problem : / we are trying to help if possible.. but we need to wait for the new buid ; /

Br

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
How can I make Canola recognize flv videos not saved from youtube, but from another source. I have tried moving the flv files into the folder, but that did not work. I notice each video saved from youtube has an accompanying file with it. Is that the key? If so, how do I do that for the other FLV files?