Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Personally, I am not loyal to the Nokia brand. As soon as an Internet Tablet is made that is better and cheaper than the N800, I will consider it no matter who makes it.
Well that rules out Apple

I do like Apple products and believe we can learn a lot from their UI/UX models. Not that they are perfect in any sense.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
The name of this site is Internet Tablet Talk. Comparing an eggbeater to the N800 would be an example of talk about Internet Tablets.
Because an egg beater is an internet tablet?

I think names should make sense. If this is just about Nokia Tablets, then let it change its name to Nokia Internet Tablet Talk. Then there is guaranteed not to be confusion.
As there are only 3 (well, 4) devices that can currently be described as "Internet Tablets" (the rest that are similar are MIDs or UMPCs or PDAs or phones), I fail to see how prepending "Nokia" to the name changes the meaning in any significant way.

Personally, I am not loyal to the Nokia brand. As soon as an Internet Tablet is made that is better and cheaper than the N800, I will consider it no matter who makes it.
Which is smart consumerizing, but these iPhone threads have never (so far as I've been able to see) had anything useful to contribute, and making sure they get dumped where they belong (competitors) seems like a good plan to me.

Wouldn't it be easier just to ignore such posts? Despite how good or bad the original post is i notice that people just keep posting and posting to come around to the same conclusions. Even the members who dislike Apple and the iPods/iPhones just keep posting thus making the thread relevant.

The Following User Says Thank You to RNAmancer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
+1 for the repetitions..

Sharp weblet = ****, its vista. heavy. overpriced. too big.
EEE = NOT A TABLET. its too big to pocket, why not get a BIG notebook instead?
iPhone\Touch = **** it.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by RNAmancer View Post
Wouldn't it be easier just to ignore such posts?
What???!

And miss out on all the fun???

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by RNAmancer View Post
Wouldn't it be easier just to ignore such posts? Despite how good or bad the original post is i notice that people just keep posting and posting to come around to the same conclusions. Even the members who dislike Apple and the iPods/iPhones just keep posting thus making the thread relevant.
Ok now I'm going to have to post on this subject...

I do try to ignore the rants and the "dick size wars" threads. I don't post to them. Sometimes however, the thread starter will give the thread a title unbefitting their intent and I have to waste my time figuring that out. Not to mention that these threads clutter up the New Posts listings.

So I wouldn't mind if these threads got automatically trashed or at the very least automatically moved to their own forum - to make them even easier to ignore.

Last edited by PinCushionQueen; 2008-04-27 at 14:53.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PinCushionQueen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
I do try to ignore the rants and the "dick size wars" .
I didn't know those existed :P

If they did, I'd win straight up...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
How about auto\manually-rename the offending topics with <ADVOCACY> or some **** like that so it's easy to avoid? The "Competitors" sub-forum shouldn't be relegated to a junkyard status because it should be a very relevant topic for any tablet owners for them to know the 'current' market.

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
@qwerty12 - LOL

@OP - I'm as hardcore of an Apple Fanboy as you'll ever find, but I definitely find the N810 far superior to the iPhone/iTouch in terms of web browsing. And even though I support free speech rights, all the threads about the iTablets have just been flame wars.

So I agree that we should just have ONE sticky iTablets vs NTablets thread and anyone who posts outside that threat should be given the standard "This is already being discussed" warning and sent there

Personally I'm at a loss to understand why these people are browsing a Nokia product forum if all they want to do is bash it :/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to josiahg777 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Phoenix
I like iPhones... I mean, I like turtles.