Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing

I made it run fullscreen, not 1/4 sized and sound works. It isn't finished however but pretty playable.
save and load works.

todo -:
-fix up controls a bit better
- make mouse (touchscreen) better
- Release version that will play full files. I promise Pushwall, I will get this done over the weekend, I'm just "obtaining" the files to see if it will work.

Damn, ukki is a genius! He solved all these problems with one thing Thanks . (Not in this tarball)
- set sdlvmclass (makes it appear in task switcher)
- make it look for data files in separate dir (I'll do this via script)
- create menu links and deb
download, untar to ~ and cd rott and ./rott -fullscreen (sw data included)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5cqm8x

note, this was compiled with shareware support only, I'll get around to a full version soon.

+

sendspace links die out easily, but I upload there because microb crashes with mediafire. When it expires, I won't reupload, wait until I release a working deb.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-05-03 at 09:12.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
OMG this is that crazy FPS I beta-tested and played over and over and over again years ago. There's lots of fun and wild stuff in this game to be sure. I can't wait until you get the full version going. Thanks so much for doing this port!

Ahh the memories

Was Blood ported a while back?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by yabbas View Post
Ahh the memories

Was Blood ported a while back?
No, I don't think source is available.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Pushwall View Post
...and played over and over and over again years ago.
I don't enjoy FPS games, but this one--with features like 'shrooms mode--is certainly more entertaining than most. Somewhere I still have the SimulEyes VR hardware and software I purchased to try keep the deathmatches with my college friends interesting.

This is awesome, I used to love Rise of the triad!

The Following User Says Thank You to dogsbody For This Useful Post:
Unfortunately, this port has a major bug which renders it unplayable. You know I said that it freezes on loading the first level. I find it does that on the next level sometimes.

EDIT: Come think of it, for this version you can workaround by save and loading, if it crashes kill it and load it again.

It could be like ukki said, it's failing to write to .rott or it could be memory problems. But I promise to work on it, I've already fixed the sticky d-pad problem (Thanks to the guy who did the ds port, I'm stealing code from there as its SDL and it has a touch screen and "One 67 MHz[1] (ARM) and one 33 MHz ARM7TDMI" and "4 MB tRAM" >.< so N800 specs are better :P).

Save and load works however.

What do you think about the mouse? I like how it is already (turn with dpad and tap screen to shoot) or do you want it with dpad left & right strafing and turning with dragging screen and shooting with double tap or another button?

BTW: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/load-applet/ to kill it when it freezes.

I've noticed it never freezes in scratchbox, maybe being compiled with broken arm emulation? Unfortunately, I don't have space to compile on device and sbrsh doesn't work because of ssh not working.

@Pushwall, I understand you have a bluetooth keyboard so if there is a cheat to switch the levels, I'd still be happy to compile a rott that is capable of running the full version. But it may not work or crash more when loading.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-05-03 at 08:02.

Brilliant news! I think I've managed to stop the freezing, I started a new game 6 times in a row and it hasn't crashed for me

I need to plough through the first level (poor me) to see if it crashes on the 2nd level.

I need to do some more testing however! (This will take me longer as I don't know any sort of coding at all)

If this works, expect beta 1.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-05-03 at 09:02.

Yep, I'm so ****ing hood, no freezes

@Pushwall, I think this game has a feature named after you :P:
This Push Wall appears to be locked...

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-05-03 at 09:16.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Yep, I'm so ****ing hood, no freezes

@Pushwall, I think this game has a feature named after you :P:
Haha I bugged the developers in these types of games so much about secret areas in walls that wouldn't open when you pushed them that Tom Hall at id nicknamed me Pushwall. However he did that because he also called these areas Push Walls. Since he was also ROTT's main designer I'm sure it had nothing to do with me though you never know. Anyone interested in this game should go to the Wikipedia reference on the game. It's amazing all the features this game has.

Since the freeze problem is gone, are you going to port the full version now? That would be so cool! I've got my full registered boxed version sitting here all ready to go!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pushwall For This Useful Post: