Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Central PA
yea, that's what I am doing now but I got them to play if I downloaded DivX but my mother wont bother with that. Thanks.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Central PA
I uploaded to youtube but the av sync is way off. Tried MediaCoder but it made little difference and I think one needs a doctorate degree in tech just to navigate that program. This app was cool for about an hour.

Tried it, it works.

Got an idea tho..
is it possible to combine the camera with bluetooth and write a BIP profile for image capturing and use it as a bluetooth camera?

I have been trying to do that but my knowledge in bluetooth programming is very limited.. let along dealing with v4l2

Anywayz, just a thought~

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Brampton, Ontario, Canada
n800 os2008 users i don't recommend installing this app. my screen is now flashing every 5 seconds. i had camera installed, then installed videocamera, it worked. now flashing after shut down and powerup from charging.

I think you're the only one reporting that so far; I'd not be inclined to blame videocamera.

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
everytime I use this app, my n800 reboots out of nowhere.

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
To make videocamera launch from popping the N800 camera...
Code:
#!/bin/sh
gconftool -s /system/osso/af/launch-on-camera --type bool true
gconftool -s /system/osso/af/on-camera-out --type list --list-type string '[com.nokia.videocamera_service]'
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
It does seem to reset for me. So what I did was to put those gconf lines into a S99 init script. Works on every startup now
Works great for me. Thanks for the tips. Here's another. I find that if I reboot with the camera out, there's a good chance that my tablet will freeze. It's the first time I've had to take the battery out in quite a while !

[rant]
Something I just need to get off my chest & I know that you're the crowd that would understand . Just a comment on computers in general, not just handhelds & certainly not the IT in particular. I've been a programmer for over 10 years now & a computer tinkerer for much longer. Even with all the experience & knowledge that I have, sometimes computers just frustrate the LIVING F***K out of me!

I can never get over just how fragile & unreliable computers can be. I can sit here & work & hack all the day through & for the most part stuff works. But just when I want to do something quick & simple, IT FRACKS UP!!

For example, just so this story has some small relevance to this thread & IT's in general, last week they were installing a new air conditioning unit on the top of our building at work. The thing was massive, never mind the crane that they had to bring in to haul it up. So here I am with my IT armed with videocamera, I figure I'm gonna go out & record them hauling this monstrosity up to the roof. So I wolf down my lunch & get outside just as they've got it a foot off the flat bed. I take my IT out of my pocket, eject the camera, shut down the video call program (this was of course before I re-found this thread), hit the Record button & WHAM! THE LITTLE F****R DECIDES TO FREEZE SOLID! By the time I managed to reboot I got the chance to take a couple of snaps as they were lowering it on to the roof.

Believe me, I'm not knocking this neat little app or the IT at all. I love it. But some days, the more I work with computers, the more I love my dog.

Thanks for sharing this non-Kodak moment with me. I feel much better.
[/rant]
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
So here I am, months later & now armed with a N810 (Not any happier about computers that don't work when you need them too . And I've still got my N800, haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet).

I've got videocamera 0.5.2 installed under OS2008 (diablo SSU v4.2008.36-5 I believe), but it tends to freeze a lot, even before the latest OS upgrade. Does anyone have any handy tweaks or usage tips that I can get it working at least half the time? TX
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

*bump*

Any updates ever coming? I'd really love a little higher resolution and less restarting... Maybe use the DSP for audio encoding? (I have no idea what I'm talking about~, in case you were wondering.)

/ears perk up

I think I hear liqbase with video recording features? Please?

Last edited by Aisu; 2008-12-22 at 16:09.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
I've tried this program today on my N800 with Diablo. It works, but the sound is very low. I can barely hear it. Moving very close to microphone helps a lot, but is not practical Any settings I should try on my mic?