Active Topics

Notices

Thank you Thank you Thank you. This is my first post. What a great machine! I had to get an n800 after a friend showed his off. Thanks everyone.
BTW: a clean boot was the last thing I tried to get it running.

Dave

Hello will this work on the 810 ?

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ South Florida
hand install and pop out camera/reboot before use - worked for me just fine on my n800.

used ssh/root - no sudo/red pill/blue pill required.

pretty neat - only thing i noticed was when I killed the motion app - I had to reboot again to get the app to see the hardware camera device.

Is there a perfered shutdown signal or web instruction to resolve this?

Oh man, I just noticed this. Someone should develop it more and put more features in. is there a step by step on how I can get images saved to a ftp site?

edit: also, i get the same error as atlas95 mentioned above, does anyone know how to fix it? Or rather, how do I know if it's loaded? does it say motion application loaded?

edit2: some fiddling around

Code:
[1] setting control "Gain" to 3 (ret 0 )
[1] Started stream webcam server in port 8081
[1] v4l2_next: VIDIOC_DQBUF: Input/output error
[1] Resuming operation... this may be a N800 quirk
[1] v4l2_next: VIDIOC_QBUF: Invalid argument
[1] Video device fatal error - terminating camera thread
[1] Thread exiting
[1] Somebody stole the video device, lets hope we got his picture: Invalid argument
[0] Motion terminating
I get that error. What is VIDOC_QBUF?

Last edited by cLin; 2008-04-24 at 08:59.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
is there any way to set this up so it could be pluged in to a usb i guess otg style...

I keep gettiing that same error, has anyone found how to fix it?

I also get the 'Someone stole the video device!' error as well. I've looked through the conf as much as I can but I can't see anything that seems helpful. When it works, it works just fine, and exactly as intended, but after you kill it, you have about a 1% chance of being able to start it back up again unless you reboot the tablet from the console.

Meanwhile, other camera apps continue to work perfectly fine, including the Nokia Camera application, Gizmo, and even Gstreamer can accept the camera just fine. But even after running those and going back to try to run Motion again, it still complains about Someone stole the video device.

Perhaps Motion needs some flushing or something when it shuts down to ensure that when it tries to start up, there aren't any temp files being left anywhere that are causing it.

See this post http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=20309 for a working OS2008 webcam software it works great for motion and just as a webcam .. easy to install and very easy to use all web interface based and no command lines to deal with...

computerfreek274