Active Topics

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Well, it was spectacular for me. But I did not like Batman Begins at all...

And yeah, the car getting crushed was both funny and painful.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
But I did not like Batman Begins at all...
Holy hell, how in the world could you not like Batman Begins?! O_o It's possibly the greatest superhero movie ever made. Gritty, compelling, realistic, and pure win. It sets the standard impossibly high for the genre.

. . . and have you seen that trailer for the Dark Knight? :goosebumps:

I can't explain it. Batman Begins just did not grab me. I fell asleep 2/3 of the way into it.

On the other hand, I could not wait to see what happened next in Iron Man. I was... riveted.

Oh, and Dark Knight looks okay... but I am not sure I care for the Joker's reinvention...

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Germany
Nizzeeee (Southpark style). That movie was awesome and it definitely justifies the high rating on imdb.com.

Well, I missed the credits scene but thanks to youtube and the nokia tablet I've seen it during the trip home from the cinema.

Go watch this rockin movie, pull your tablet .... and be a hero

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
Well I'm a long time comic geek and Comic artist so I love it when a superhero is done well on the screen. I worked with Valiant Comics for a while with Bob Layton who wrote the best Iron Man story to date "A Demon in the Bottle" which will be touched on in the sequel. If you read into the movie, the seeds for the next film are well rooted. Even though this is not the Iron Man from the original books but an amalgamation of the original and the "Ultimate Iron Man" it was done well. From what Bob Laton said, he's happy about how it turned out. Man, I'm a real geek.
Reaver

Last edited by Reaver; 2008-05-05 at 07:08.

Good to see your input, Reaver!

It's funny too because I remember the awesome "Demon in a Bottle" period and was telling my wife exactly what you just said. I see the common 3-part story arc developing here, with Introduction-Fall-Redemption. While that's stereotypical, and I know to expect it, I have a feeling the work will be done so well I won't care.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
I guess I didn't "get it"... while the movie wasn't bad, I didn't get excited either.

Still the Terminator 2 keeps top spot in my personal movie chart...

EDIT: Just realized that Terminator 2 is not exactly same movie genre... If Iron Man was compared to similar superhero movies (Superman, Spiderman, Batman etc.), it holds its own very well.

Last edited by Mara; 2008-05-05 at 13:41.

Speaking of movies that don't grab you...
(Just not excited about the Incredible Hulk)

Tony Stark makes a camo in the Hulk movie too...

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Bunch of geeks!

Having seen neither Batman begins nor Transformers, I am going to make an exception to the rule that comics don't translate well to the big screen and go and see this movie when it comes out here in the UK.

To be honest I'm really looking forward to it. The trailers I have seen have me almost literally salivating.

Why have I not seen those other two? Well, having been a 2000AD reader since Prog 1 (that's 31 years folks! ) I was almost nerdgasming constantly when news of the Judge Dredd movie came out. When I went to see it I was so disappointed with that poorly written, myth-ignoring piece of crap, and scarred by it that I decided NEVER to watch a comic-based film again. Thus, I have not seen any of the batman or spiderman movies, hulk has not passed my retinas and daredevil passed by without a glance from me. Even the fantastic four movies did not pique more than a passing interest when the name "silver surfer" was mentioned.

And then...

The other night I happened to catch Sin City on the TV and was bowled over by the fidelity of the movie with the original graphic novel. It is because of Sin City, and Sin City alone that I have decided that the time is now right to break my fast and from the sounds of it "Iron Man" is just the place to start.

So, is it too late to rent "Blade"?

PS, anyone want to see my screenplay for "Rogue Trooper"?

Last edited by Red; 2008-05-05 at 14:32. Reason: No offence, but I didn't think any of you would recognise "The VC's"