Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Toronto
Does anyone know how to do this by using my home server? The only other option I have thought of is to do it by placing my fav photos in a Flickr slideshow and just going to the pics by the net...would rather make it a bit more "homegrown" though. Any ideas if this is possible using my home network?

Sorry if this question is a duplicate, I didn't find anything by searching previous posts.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

My N800 has no problem displaying images from a Windows shared folder.

Ok...so I am a newbie...start me out on HOW to do this?

Here's a link that explains it better than I can.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ain/share.mspx

Thanks for the reply. I am somewhat ok on what to do on the windows side, but what do I do in the settings for N800 to make it view the shared folder? Also, is it capable of viewing a password protected shared folder?

Thanks!

The N800 should see the shares on the local network with no additional configuration. I haven't tried it, but according to the help files, password protected shares are not supported.

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
The easiest thing to do is to load up an SD card from the PC, or connect with USB and send them that way. Indeed, password protected shares are problematic.

Well, I'm guessing wireless was key, to allow automatic inclusion of new photos without physical fooling around...

NFS would be a promising approach.

You can use ORB. Set up an account, identify the file on your computer that has the photos, log on to ORB on your N800 and "play" the folder. You can set the time for each new image to display.

What i do is scale my images to 1600x960 and rotate them so the long way is horizontal, them put them on my n800 via sftp. Slide show with Quiver. Then my slide show also works offline, and i can zoom in, and my huge files don't give the n800 fits.