Active Topics

Notices

I emailed the HAVA team with regards the HAVA Gold and they said it would work. But you can't record on to your PC from it.

HAVA Gold does not contain record functionality.

HAVASD

I have som Questions. I am not sure what is the best Hardware Titanium or Platinium and I live in Europe and is an connector for the socket in the package for EUROPE?

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by topjock View Post
I have som Questions. I am not sure what is the best Hardware Titanium or Platinium and I live in Europe and is an connector for the socket in the package for EUROPE?
IMHO the extra for the Titanium is well worth it! You get WiFi and PVR facilities by simply attaching an external hard drive.
See http://shop.myhava.com/ for a comparison table.

Mine arrived today. Just got home, unpacked and as promised on their website, a UK mains adapter has been provided. i.e. They will provide the correct one for your country.

Time to have me some fun...

The Following User Says Thank You to Faz For This Useful Post:
hi! just wondering how stable/reliable you new Hava box owners are finding your Havas are??----ie. uptime...any needs for reset??...streaming over the internet stability......slingbox owner here...thinking about buying one since the N800 can use it....the cheapest version (Gold) will work fine for my n800??...is it just the record function which will be absent??

Thanx!

The Following User Says Thank You to jackass124 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Greensboro, NC
I have been running the Hava Titaniium for a little over a week and have had no problems on my local network. I had to reboot it twice but I think it was a result of my playing around with VLC as a subsititute player. No problems at all with the Hava player on my laptop. I am also impressed with the HAVA Tablet Player on my wireless LAN but have not given it a lengthy test from remote locations. First indication is that it is not running as smoothly as Sling Player on my laptop. BUT it is an early Beta and I am just happy that I now have a means to access my cable HD box from my N800. Slingbox is a great application too, but I have grown very tired of waiting for promised new hardware and updates and there is no indication that they will ever support the Nokia tablet series. SlingMedia's loss, HAVA's (and my) gain!

The Following User Says Thank You to jweinel For This Useful Post:
wondering if we could have a few more reports of remote internet experiences with Hava on n800 ????

Thanx!

Originally Posted by jackass124 View Post
wondering if we could have a few more reports of remote internet experiences with Hava on n800 ????

Thanx!
I plan on testing this from my work WiFi Wednesday and will definitely post my experience. This will be from an N810 though. I have an N800 too, but it's not going to be any different as they use the same firmware and virtually identical hardware.

Well actually the N800's screen is a tiny bit larger...

For those importing to the UK and worried about excise duty and VAT, I'm extremely happy to report that Hava marked down the price so I didn't have to pay a penny extra.

I completely forgot about this until after I ordered this! Still would have ordered, of course!

Thank you Hava!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Faz For This Useful Post:
I just signed up for the Beta. I own a Hava Titanium and a Slingbox. hope it;s not too late. seems like early indications sound like it;s fairly solid.

this could be huge. this could be another "killer app" for selling more tablets and Hava devices as well.

Tags
hava, video hava