Active Topics

Hm... Odd. There was an update in my application manager "OS 2008 feature upgrade (Unlocked)"

I installed it. Lo' and behold, my tablet would not boot for the life of me. I had wondered whether it was the patched kernel I was using for rotation support. No.

Hooked it up to my laptop, then told the flasher to boot it with that same kernel. It boots? I didn't think Diablo had a new (or even changed) kernel? I didn't believe it would change it at all through that update. Anyone know why it would stop booting after that?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
It was the ssu update, i flashed earlier today. it flashes new kernel too.

Diablo has newer kernel and xserver. I posted bout kernel before. If you still have the diablo xserver deb, reinstall that but rotation will be gone. or get the deb from diablo updates if you know the password. or just install chinook rotation kerneltimeand chinook rotation xserver.

Hm, alright. I believe I'll just flash my rotation-supporting kernel, then. Xserver is working fine. I can't believe~ they would use that as username and password

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
you need jott's xserver with the rotation kernel - they go together.

you figured it out too?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
sjgadsby, didn't know about him. my apolgies.
Ah, no big deal. I was just teasing you...and rcadden. I'm by no means attempting to diminish the scale of your accomplishment. You've achieved something quite impressive. Stand proud.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2008-05-14 at 14:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
What exactly are you implying about rcadden?
You hadn't heard?

anybody noticed my question about LAN-over-USB with WinXP?
OS2006, OS2007 worked fine, but OS2008 does not
what about "OS2008.1"?

nobody one having XP installed 4.1 on tablet?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
No, nobody uses RNDIS with it

you figured it out too?
I guess not. Seems like I'm the only one who knows the password.
All I'm gonna say that there is a big clue in this thread. I've even posted the link on IRC a few days before I realised this (not for this purpose but for something totally unrelated) about the folder in which this file exists.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-05-14 at 06:26.

I guess not. Seems like I'm the only one who knows the password.
All I'm gonna say that there is a big clue in this thread. I've even posted the link on IRC a few days before I realised this (not for this purpose but for something totally unrelated) about the folder in which this file exists.
Well, I figured it out too...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maba For This Useful Post: