Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Ah, the Lynching Brigade is out in force today I see. It's always amazing how they seem to only pop in for threads like these. . . .

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2008 @ NJ, USA
suddenly, i am addicted to this forum , wish i could keep back the n800.

The Following User Says Thank You to IndianJewel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Ah, the Lynching Brigade is out in force today I see. It's always amazing how they seem to only pop in for threads like these. . . .
They must have a Controversial Thread Radar.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
...or, maybe they are the ones trolling.

perhaps IndianJewel should ask to have this topic renamed "trash briand's attitude", and conduct his sale on a less cluttered thread.

Originally Posted by briand View Post
...or, maybe they are the ones trolling.

perhaps IndianJewel should ask to have this topic renamed "trash briand's attitude", and conduct his sale on a less cluttered thread.
I am not new to forums. I am new to this one.

you flamed the seller..... but let us move along if that is possible.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Phoenix
I like turtles.

PS - if I was wanting to sell my N800, this forum is where I'd start. $180 for an N800 is a pretty fair price, too.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ BC, Canada
With many good wishes for success to the seller (originator of this hijacked thread), I couldn't help get in a dig as a person (tablet noobie) who liked this board/community SO much I took the plunge and ordered a NEW 800 the other day. To see this kind of hard-nosed attitude is a bit disappointing. Fortunately, this kind of thing accounts for far less then 1% of posts I've seen to date, so here I stay.

And hey, IndianJewel might be a noob or an opportunist, but he ain't no dummy - this forum is a GREAT place to offer this piece of tech for sale. Sadly, he'll likely have to start a new thread to find someone who won't get sucked into this vortex ;-)

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2008 @ NJ, USA
Well, I have a few offers and hoping that it works over over next couple of days. I will wait to come back with maybe another version of the tablet later. but for now its good bye.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
Ahhh ! ! ! (Some people's ) Ignorance sure is such a pure bliss, especially the so called ' senior members' .

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by briand View Post
yeah, that might help.

It won't be enough to convince me to buy, though, regardless of price -- I ignore the ads from folks who have a post count of 1, and it's a 'for sale' post. These are not members of our community, offering a deal to other members... they are opportunists, IMO, taking advantage of our community to hawk their wares.
I dont mean to jump into the fray, but he has a very valid point. Well I agree that anyone should be able to join, even if only to sell their equipment.

I personally would not purchase anything from someone in these threads, who had a post count of 1 on a sale thread. We used to be overwhelmed with people signing up and pasting ads selling all kinds of stuff. Of course I would not send money to Nigeria either.

I think pointing out the concern to other users is very valid.

TRUST NOBODY!!

The best thing to do in situations like this is to use a broker, like escrow.com so then nobody gets scammed.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post: