Notices

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by handful View Post
Hi Grog :
so you actually dragged your finger (from the middle of the screen) towards the bottom and released (with enough pressure to generate events?)
No, what i actually didn't know to try is to drag my finger from the middle of the screen UP to the TOP, thereby dragging the file list up with it . I hadn't realized that that was the way to do it. I should do some more browsing at the homepage before reporting bugs. Sorry about that .
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Central London
Thank you to the Canola team. Another good release - I'll keep this one short and sweet - one bug and one feature request for you to consider adding to the list:

1) I use the flat-black theme, not sure how much this is a problem with others, but: particularly in the sub-menus such as 'Audio', when you tap an icon it zooms in very slightly resulting in ugly jaggies/scaling artefacts, just before they zoom to the middle of the screen. Particulary noticeable on the CD icon for 'My music' and the casette tape for Podcasts. The problem exists throughout the interface but these are the best cases to illustrate (elsewhere the icons swish out of view quite fast so you don't see it unless you look for it, here there's a distinct pause when the icon scales just a small amount, leading to this probably unavoidable scaling issue, before it continues with the animation).

2) feature request: would it be possible to optionally or otherwise add the &fmt= trick to youtube URLs? I imagine the N8*0 hardware should be able to handle the slightly higher quality video? (though perhaps not - propose it's well worth a little test?)

Cheers! D.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
@dsmudger:

1) this zooming is noticeable because they are 2 colors only. While the hardware doesn't support in good performance good and nice scaling / vector icons usage this will happen. Actually the only place where the icon scales is there and in the side icons (in the sub menu).

2) I don't think it can handle it yet but we can play with this in the next update

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

a. you are using high quality vifdeos (that only standalone mplayer will play) and for now, until mplayer embedded mode is as good as standalone it will be choppy in higher quality. Solution for that; encode the videos with a lower resolution (it can be a good one, but not the best one supported by mplayer)
-- They play fine in the default player (Media Player). It may be that they are encoded in too high a quality.--

So please try the following : get the basic n800 video and play it. does it play it choppy?
-- No it is not choppy--
b. can you edit the atabake config file (please do a search in the forum) and set everything to OMS instead of mplayer to see if the still choppy. Let me know your results..

1. I downloaded this file
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/emelfm2/

2. Using this application I found the atabake file at home/users/atabake.

3. I then used the emelfm2 edit tool to change the cofig file as instructed. This fixed the problem. THANKS! --!

1. Seems more responsive than v8.
2. Haven't run into the overdriven volume issue.
3. Some sort of tag issue with two albums. Canola would not recognize them as an album. I converted to MP3 and they were fine. No idea why. I even retagged them. I have lots of other wmas and they work fine.
4. Canola would see Orb server with UPNP feature, but wouldn't list any files.
5. TVersity server audio worked, but not video. I could see the files and the player would load up, but the server would crash. Mostly Xvid AVIs.

Spice3D : I think mikel is doing some heavy tests with tversity to find out the best encodings settings for each media.

Can you send the wmas for us? We still also have some genre problems so any problematic file is welcome.

Also we are debugging a lot the upnp server support it will probably improve a lot in next updates.

Marcelo

Originally Posted by Ogar View Post
a. you are using high quality vifdeos (that only standalone mplayer will play) and for now, until mplayer embedded mode is as good as standalone it will be choppy in higher quality. Solution for that; encode the videos with a lower resolution (it can be a good one, but not the best one supported by mplayer)
-- They play fine in the default player (Media Player). It may be that they are encoded in too high a quality.--

So please try the following : get the basic n800 video and play it. does it play it choppy?
-- No it is not choppy--
b. can you edit the atabake config file (please do a search in the forum) and set everything to OMS instead of mplayer to see if the still choppy. Let me know your results..

1. I downloaded this file
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/emelfm2/

2. Using this application I found the atabake file at home/users/atabake.

3. I then used the emelfm2 edit tool to change the cofig file as instructed. This fixed the problem. THANKS! --!
Hi Ogar! Happy this solved :
So this was really the problems, the video were a little bit to high for the "Embedded" Mplayer mode. : /

So I think our way is to really create a easy to setup "mplayer or default media player widget"

Marcelo

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
import error no module named ecore
anyway to fix this i seem not to be able to use any media playng application
ill run cleanup reboot and try again i have the install logs if they may help
no joy got this from xterm
$ canola

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/bin/canola", line 18, in ?

import ecore

ImportError: No module named ecore

~ $

Last edited by joepagiii; 2008-05-22 at 12:18.

joe: you have a incomplete installation.
Please do the following:

-install canola-cleanup
-run it
-remove all devel - non official repositories (or just disable them)
-install canola again

Marcelo

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
done all that...twice...gonna do a reboot in between for good measure only repos enabled are the one that install canola none of the media players are working...i already did a useless thread....well ill try it all again...ev thoug i have searched is there any known application that can cause this well this gorram thing is getting useless...broke the app manager...well thanks for the help...gotta go to work...ill tinker with it later...

Last edited by joepagiii; 2008-05-22 at 13:56.