Active Topics

Notices

Hello, All!

I have just updated Maemo port of Speccy to version 1.6.2. Speccy is my Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulator. It will emulate ZX48, ZX128, and Timex Sinclair models, as well as Russian Spectrum clones and a lot of peripherals. Speccy-Maemo is available as free download from

http://fms.komkon.org/Speccy/

and will also be available from the Extras repository shortly.

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Still no 770 support?

Originally Posted by oprion View Post
Still no 770 support?
I have no 770. Sorry.

I'm new to Spectrum, I recently read an article on The Great Escape game, so I was wondering if there were tutorials on how to run games on it.

I'm new to Spectrum, I recently read an article on The Great Escape game, so I was wondering if there were tutorials on how to run games on it.
Great Escape...this brings back memories. It was one of the coolest, most original and detailed games on the old speccy. I've wasted whole weeks on that thing.

So I selected a tape file, and selected "Tape Loader", according to this site :

http://fms.komkon.org/Speccy/Speccy.html

To load a program from tape, load the tape into the emulator, then either select the TAPE LOADER in the 128kB mode or press [J], [CTRL]+[P], [CTRL]+[P], [ENTER] in the 48kB mode. Your Spectrum is now ready to load a program from tape. To start the tape, press [F5] or go to the builtin menu ([F4]) and check the TAPE RUNNING option. The loading process will start.
There is no F5 key (maybe if I use a bluetooth or usb keyboard), and I went to the configure menu and tried pressing enter on "Tape running" but nothing happens. Any suggestions?

I kind of figured it out, looks like when I doownloaded the file MicroB didn't show the zip extension and even the filemanager didn't show the zip extension, if i use xterminal it shows it :P.

After I uncompressed it, i could 'run tape' but it went into the debugger... oh well.