Posts: 47 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Herndon, VA, USA
Hey, the new packages show ipv6 support. That'll be nice in the coming years.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Downloaded, flashed, and got running in about 10 minutes. So far everything is working well (although Canola won't re-install - I haven't tried too hard yet).

Running the Map program was a revelation - on first run, I got a GPS lock on my position in about 90 seconds. After quitting and restarting Map, I got a lock in under 25s. All while indoors, sitting under a ceiling fan (warm day in Winnipeg). Very nice work!

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Thats it! i'll flash back to chinook!

Meizirkki: Flashing basically restored your device to its factory condition, so you need to restore the backup you ran before flashing. For things like a dual boot setup and sudo, you'll need to follow that guide again. Going back to Chinook will not solve that, and in fact would make it worse since the need to upgrade would eventually pop up again as Diablo users happily enjoy the ability to perform major upgrades without reflashing.

(Although I should point out that sudo for "user" is disabled out of the box on OS2008, with a message appearing to say that it would break your device).

So far so good. Downloading and flashing was a breeze, restoring apps and settings from my backup went flawlessly. Omwheater is working again, as well as canola2. I'm really pleased so far.

I noticed that i am complete idiot. i am here wasting your time because i dont know what i am supposed to do.

Guess what? i just realised that i was trying to install that "cloning deb" from sd.

Once again... i am sorry that i am here wasting your time and i am not going to flsh back to chinook. Thanks for all your help

how to restore "old things"

No problem, Meizirkki

Go to Settings -> Backup / Restore in the menu. Of course, given that I'm telling you where to go, there's a good chance nothing is there to restore. Still, can't hurt to know for next time!

The Following User Says Thank You to Picklesworth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
how to restore "old things"
restore from a backup...ill assume you do have a valid backup....dong ma...

there is nothing to backup...

i dont have wifi and i used maemo-pan in chinook, is there any "command line text editors" already installed, that i can edit pan-control file?