Notices

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fishers, Indiana
Originally Posted by fiferboy View Post
Larry, that has never happened to me and I have been running Diablo for weeks. I just did the official Diablo upgrade yesterday, and everything is still fine. Try checking the permissions of your config file:

Code:
ls -al ~/.personal_menu.rc
And make the the user ("user") and group ("users") are correct. Otherwise, maybe a reboot will help?
-rw-r--r-- 1 user users 2299 Jun 25 13:26 .personal_menu.rc
I've rebooted several times for various reasons and it has never worked. Is there some way I can turn on logging/debugging output to see what's going on?

Thanks-
Larry

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fishers, Indiana
Originally Posted by lbattraw View Post
-rw-r--r-- 1 user users 2299 Jun 25 13:26 .personal_menu.rc
I've rebooted several times for various reasons and it has never worked. Is there some way I can turn on logging/debugging output to see what's going on?
Never mind.... It appears that it either does not like running out of internal flash or at least a /home/user directory mounted from a ext3-formatted SD card. I copied the entire FS to the SD card and now it works perfectly, booting from SD.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion,
Larry

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
Hi
It seems personal menu settings don't get backed up when doing a device backup (including settings). I backed up before upgrading to diablo, but never got my settings for personal menu back.

Anyone else experience this?

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
can someone tell me exactly what to type as a command to run in personal menu to launch a specific file using the built in notes program the file is in the N810 Documents folder within a subfolder titled Notes and the filename is POF Msgs.txt i got it to launch a file in xournal just fine.

First of all PM is awesome.

Secondly, I install Diablo update and the only thing that is wrong is that every 20-30 minutes the shell does a semi-crash and i loose PM - it reverts to the original Nokia icons/menus....which sucks.

This probably isn't a specific PM problem as nobody else has mentioned this. Does anybody have any ideas? I have noticed twice that a message has been displayed "email client failed" -probably a smoking gun?

I will re-install but would like to ask another question:

What is the location of the config file for PM? If i make a copy of this, i take it I won't have to create all of my menu again after a reinstall?

Thanks for your help.

Mrglass

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
The config file is in your home directory (/home/user) and is called ".personal_menu.rc"

The desktop reset has been discussed here before (http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...=desktop+reset) and there are a number of packages suspected of causing it. If you are running large statusbar clock, the newest version allows you to disable alarms, which has helped some people.

For some odd reason whenever I try updating any the programs listed in your signature fiferboy (I'm guessing they're in maemo extras or extras-deval?). Anyway it keeps reporting installation file corrupted.

(I'm running Diablo)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I noticed Both PM and Large SB clock were updated. What were the fixes?
Also LSBC crashes the desktop now. I tried rebooting, power cycling,etc and the only thing that stabilized the desktop from immediate and constant desktop crashes was disabling LSBC.

Running Diablo.
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
I have just promoted personal-menu, large-statusbar-clock, and countdown-home to diablo and chinook extras. These are the first versions released for diablo, even though the chinook versions worked fine for me.

combatdoc: If you have the extras-devel repository enabled, you have probably seen my updates from today. They are version bumps for the diablo repo (although there are some fixes like personal-menu should now back up properly, and pm and lsbc use autotools to build).

Oh, pm also has a new custom icon.
If lsbc is causing a problem crashing the desktop, try disabling alarms through the lsbc configuration (assuming you haven't already). This has been consistent in eliminating the problem.

Whatever it is, its realtively new because I had not had that issue until I installed the new version of LSBC today.

I'll try the alarm thing.
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac