Active Topics

Notices

Sad to say I removed GPE and when I installed mCal it loads the 1st two days and then gives a cryptic message of time wrong format...with no matching field to correct...have gone back to GPE until this program works better....hopefully soon....
Attached Images

Since this program uses two-way sync, beware that things that happen as a result of bugs (like the two-day span for timeless events mentioned above) will also be pushed back up to Google Calendar.

I rely on GCal too much for it to be compromised even in minor ways, so I've uninstalled for the moment. I think its a great app though and will reinstall once it reaches a more complete version. It is really in alpha stage at this time, so be cautious.

mCalendar quit working after my Diablo upgrade.

As a hint, the entire Python part of the upgrde did not go well. Currently there are not many Python componets that show up in the application manager, either installed or otherwise.

When I go to the khertan.net site and attempt to install the python-hildendesktop package that is listed there I get an Incompatible Package error. I do know there was a Python upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5 included with the Diablo upgrade, but I was wondering where I should go from here, as in what packages and from what repositories should I somehow get installed?

you probably ended up in the "add chinook to the repository settings" problem that is reported LOTS of time before at the forum. Alot of people had problem installing stuff after upgrading and its a 30 second fix. check other threads.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Huhu !

I ve never post about mCalendar here as it still an alpha software.

It s still in dev, but i make my best to do it really usefull for IT users.

Thx

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Thanks, Kherthan. I really love what I have seen so far.

well khertan, theres gonna be alot of happy tabletusers when you get out of alfa. this software is the missing link of tablet software right after modest.

Originally Posted by miind View Post
well khertan, theres gonna be alot of happy tabletusers when you get out of alfa. this software is the missing link of tablet software right after modest.
I agree with you. I am also looking for a note manager ala scrapbook (a palm OS software).

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Hum, maybe i can think about a palm os like scrapbook too after mContact with google contact sync

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Thanks Khertan, I don't know how I stumbled on it (perhaps this thread) but I love it. It is a better (ie simpler) solution to GPE/Erminig and I look forward to seeing it emerge from alpha! Thanks for doing this.

Tags
calendar, google