Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
regarding the sound...is there anything you can enter in xterm to see what commands or scripts or whatever runs when the email sound occurs?

It would be nice to have the option to delete the messages from the server like the previous version.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
i agree...one bug ive noticed is that msgs i delete after reading will sometimes come back the next time i open the inbox

Originally Posted by DR.Tek View Post
It would be nice to have the option to delete the messages from the server like the previous version.
I am so mad! Why did they remove this option?

Last edited by dchao; 2008-07-02 at 10:40.

Originally Posted by DR.Tek View Post
Deleting mails in modest delete mails on the server for me.

After all these complains, I have to say that I am very happy of the inclusion of modest into diablo.
It works perfectly for me, while i had given up using a mail client on my tablet before.

Modest is my favourite addition to Diablo.

Originally Posted by Boke View Post
Deleting mails in modest delete mails on the server for me.

After all these complains, I have to say that I am very happy of the inclusion of modest into diablo.
It works perfectly for me, while i had given up using a mail client on my tablet before.

Modest is my favourite addition to Diablo.
Any idea how you are getting this to work? Do you have Modest set to leave messages on the server? (i.e. to download later with another client, perhaps your desktop/workstation/laptop)?

Is there any way to have all accounts use a single inbox with Modest or do they all have to remain seperate and you have to swap via the menu from account to account?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by s2k View Post
Is there any way to have all accounts use a single inbox with Modest or do they all have to remain seperate and you have to swap via the menu from account to account?
There's an enhancement request in bugzilla. It'll likely happen at some point, but it's not a high priority.

Originally Posted by mucus View Post
Any idea how you are getting this to work? Do you have Modest set to leave messages on the server? (i.e. to download later with another client, perhaps your desktop/workstation/laptop)?
I use Modest with my Gmail account with IMAP.
When I delete a message, it's deleted on the server. No special setting.

Maybe you use Modest with a POP account? or an IMAP server with a broken implementation? Describe your use please.

I think it's hard on Modest to only say "It doesn't delete mails on the server" when it actually does (in some case at least).
I wanted that the voice of those who are happy with modest be heard.

I still have an old POP3 account, so I use the option "Leave Mail on Server", so I can quick browse emails on the road and then download the emails once I get back to the office.

The problem is Modest takes the meaning of "Leave Mail on Server" so literarily, and never remove emails even they have been deleted.

In fact, I think Modest keeps the headers of the deleted emails in a Trash Folder somewhere. (If you highlight the POP3 account, you will see more emails than you have in the Inbox.) I can see it on the Modest screen shot, but I can't get it to display on my N810.

Does anyone know how to display the Trash Folder with a POP3 account?

Last edited by dchao; 2008-07-02 at 19:59.