Active Topics

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bristol, UK
The new me.com webmail refuses to load on the diablo browser. Why? This seems to be absent of browser standards else it would work. Is anyone working on regular browser updates to fix this?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Does it work with desktop FF?

According to Apple's site yes. webmail.mac.com webmail worked fine. webmail.me.com webmail says no way. I use Opera on my desktop and it works okay there. But the tablet says no.

Do I have to wait another year before someone fixes this with a browser update? Come on peeps. It's open source. Take, amend, fix. I'm no programmer but I understand how the system is supposed to work.

How do you expect it to work on the tablet if it doesn't on the desktop?

Try midori see if it helps (somewhere in the forum).

Sorry you misunderstand. webmail.mac.com worked on the tablet. webmail.me.com does not. Both work on the desktop. Afterall, why would Apple provide a webmail you couldn't read on the desktop ;-)

Give it a few months as Apple iron things out. Actually, I heard it doesn't work on IE7 as well.

Ah, that's beacause IE7 is so bloody awlful with standards.
Seems Apple have turned off the site again for a while but as my mac.com address is my main one and now cannot read the mail on the tablet, I would hope someone out there is working on making the tablet browser a bit better.

The inability of Apple to support current browsers have nothing to do with the tablet browser. On the other hand maybe they don't want you to use a tablet, but an iPhone?

Hell, FF2 is still out there and 20-30% of the people are still eating their breakfast in the morning in front of IE6. The tablet browser has better standard support than IE6 and 7 put together and will get better, but not today and because Apple didn't do their job to support FF.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I remember a while ago Apple did some browser sniffing on mac.com and simply refused connections if they couldn't identify the browser/OS-combination.

I don't know what those people are up to and why they can't use standard HTML and some scripts as everybody else on the web does. - Although they seem to have given up on this practice (or maybe just know my browser/OS now, who knows?), I very much doubt that any problem with Apple's sites is browser related.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
I get the impression that you are taking this a little personal. Please don't unless you're the one behind the browser.

Apple's website and services DO support Firefox. They say so on the site. It's the tablet browser that doesn't understand that. Firefox on desktop does.