Just bought and received an N810 from tigerdirect via amazon for $299. Opened it up and everything looked fine, until I booted it. At the top right side of the screen when you move the device (even sliding out the keyboard) you see a shadow "ripple" as if there was a finger touching that part of the screen. If I put a little pressure on the back of the screen with the kb out, I get the same effect.

The torx bit screws are too small for my hobby set, so I wanted to know if anyone else ever got a tablet that had "bubbles" in it and if so, did you fix it yourself or just RMA it?

Btw, I did remove the "factory" screen protector.

I want to say that I have an n800 and the same effect can be seen if I apply a slight amount (reasonable) at the spot near the top left corner of the battery (at about the half of the screen length) at the back of the device.
I think that this is the price to pay to have all of this in this format: It is all cram-jammed together really tight, so to save space, the screen is right next to the battery. If I believe correctly, the n810 seems to have a similar problem, but maybe not from the battery.
Anyway, not that I want to hijack your thread, but could the reports of the same kind of "bubbles" can be made too for the n800?

Hijack away, maybe i get a sticky?

My N800 is flawless which is why I thought I had a faulty one. What are the odds of a replacement having the same issue?

You sure it is flawless?
My dimple happens at 3cm from the left and 2cm from the top of the screen, when I press on the back of the device.

Yeah. No "pond ripples" even when flexing the device like you would to get ice cubes out of an ice tray.

update. bubble fixed. I got a mini torx driver from lowes (http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...272&lpage=none) or item 294394 and dismantled the 810 and found a plastic particulate behind the screen enclosure. Removed that, reassembled and no more bubble.