Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Ever since I reflashed my Nokia N800 to Diablo, I have been getting very few options in the softwares I could download. Recently, Canola Beta 2 was released for Diablo, but Maemo VGBA 3.5 Emulator, USB Control, and a lot of other softwares have not been released. Is this reflash worth it?

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
Read through some of this thread and then tell me why you think Diablo sucks. You know you did not have to upgrade.

If you tryed using chinook as your distro then %99 of the chinook software should work.

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
Please post in one of the already existing threads for diablo issues.

Oh and VGBA works perfectly under Diablo

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
I would answer a "meh" on this one. I haven't had any problems whatsoever, in fact I can barely notice the difference (updates and the new mail client are the only dif i notice).

But that's just me. I've heard other people having problems. Anyways, go post in the other threads the other people above me posted. I'm going back to bed.

--sleepsleep

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
New poll <thread hijack alert>

Do "Diablo sucks" threads suck or do they just blow?

...discuss.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
i upgraded to diablo but decided to go back to chinook mainly because of the modest mail client that annoys me. i always get that internal application error. i hve an option of using claws mail but i cant configure it right. so i went back to chinook.
but i guess diablo is fine with the other apps. you just have to install the right repos for diablo.
anyways, is there already a fix for the modest mail client on diablo so i can update to diablo? thanks...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
How does VGBA work on Diablo? I go to Maemo and 95% of their files are not downloadable. It says "file is incompatible" or something like that. How do you people get new softwares using Diablo?

Yeah, I had lots of issues with Diablo as well. Downgraded to the newest Chinook release. Been fine except that it seems to go through battery a lot faster.

Diablo broke Camera, Videocamera, and Xournal for me. I seem to have fixed it with help from the community. But as a newbie i would think that any update would not lead to such frustration as i have with Microsoft. Simple plug and play is what i thought Linux and Nokia would be about. I thought wrong. But i still love the N800 i have to death.

simple answer from a newbie:
add chinook extras repository
disable any extras-devel repository and
don't install anything from extras-devel

good luck danpark, a little more patience goes a long way.