Active Topics

Notices

i have killed modest in the osso-st-cpu process have updated, the scroll bars changed but the folders remained unchanged.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by Tabster View Post
I would like this too. Aparently, to do this you just need to change one line in the code. But the option was never given a way to toggle it in the gui. And, without the gui option I am out of luck!
figures...

by the sound of it, it will be a problem for imap users, but for pop users it will just show the inbox anyways. but as imap is king, one hard code it to benefit the imap users...

i keep feeling that i would have been better served by osso-mail with a new interface vs this sillyness...

hmm, is the osso-mail code available?

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Updating the package, this one has the patch for multiple accounts in the folder view.

Try it!
Attached Files
File Type: deb modest_1.0-2008.23-2_armel.deb (343.7 KB, 127 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
seems to work perfectly.

but then i have just two simple pop3 accounts.

i wonder how the experience will be for someone with multiple large gmail accounts

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
Originally Posted by yerga View Post
Updating the package, this one has the patch for multiple accounts in the folder view.

Try it!
wow thanks. I might give it a try.

Question: What are possible problems with installing this? If nokia comes out with an update for Modest, will the update not install over this patch? Are we able to remove this patch once it is installed and revert back to the original application?

thanks

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain

Question: What are possible problems with installing this? If nokia comes out with an update for Modest, will the update not install over this patch? Are we able to remove this patch once it is installed and revert back to the original application?

thanks
Yes, no problem with it.
I haven't changed the version number from the original one, so when an update comes it will overwrite this version as if it is the original one. Of course this changes wont' be present in the updated version (except if Nokia put it in that version).

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX

thanks
That is a good question since Modest is getting significant changes to its code... watch out when the next SSU System Software update show up.

thanks for the warning.

still, could these changes be refined and folded into modest?

like say, adding a option about multiple accounts on screen at the same time and so on?

so will this be updated for the post-ssu modest?

Originally Posted by tso View Post
hmm, is the osso-mail code available?
Yes, here.