Holy crap! I had no idea BT file transfers worked! O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Originally Posted by tso View Post
on that file transfer thing, are you sure your allowing inbound object/obex push?
has found in what a problem.
my PC random lost bluetooth-opush service
I shall understand

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I just tried obex from my suse11 laptop to n800.
firstly, I paired the n800 to laptop.

then using the kde obex client (kde seems far superior to gnome for bluetooth), it wouldn't transfer from laptop to n800

I then used n800 file manager, picked an image, tapped/hold and sent it using bluetooth to the laptop, and it worked fine!

I then retried from laptop to n800 and it worked no problem, so I think it's a matter of the bluetooth obex servers getting in sync and trusting each other.

good luck!

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by hleem View Post
has found in what a problem.
my PC random lost bluetooth-opush service
I shall understand
try deleting the pairing on both PC and tablet, re-pairing and then trying obex file transfer again. rebooting both devices might also make things work if something gets "stuck"

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
I just tried to send a .jpg file from WinXP desktop to N800/Os2008... it tried to transfer but WinXP claimed it didn't couldn't transfer files of type.
Just ignore that. My mac gives me that message every time I send something to my tablet: "The device you are trying to send to claims it cannot receive a file of this type. Do you want to send anyway?"

If you've got the option to send anyway, just click through it and it will work perfectly.

If you don't have the option to click through it, then that's a problem with WinXP.

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.