Active Topics

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Zanesville Ohio
I was totally caught up in the gadget lust and bought the Celluon cl-850, hoping to use it with my n800. I believed I had seen a demo with someone using the laser projected keyboard with their internet tablet, but since I can't get mine to work I'm beginning to think they were using a different keyboard.

I am able to get my n800 to pair with the projection keyboard, but it is seen as a mobile phone, not a BT keyboard. The CD that comes with the Celluon cl-850 has drivers for Blackberry, Windows, and Symbian for Nokia smartphones. I'm a graphic designer, not a techie, so any assistance from the boards on getting this to work would be really appreciated. I'd love to take the setup with me to FlashForward this month.

I think most of people use the i-tech laser keyboard but I am not sure.

The Following User Says Thank You to tagazok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
of all the idiotic things. how come there are still companies that use something else then HID in their bluetooth keyboards?!

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Ottawa
Yes, looks like this one doesn't work with the NIT:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/produ...rBy=addOneStar

Crap crap crap, otherwise a cool device

Originally Posted by alec63 View Post
I am able to get my n800 to pair with the projection keyboard, but it is seen as a mobile phone, not a BT keyboard.
I don't own this lovely kb but on Nokia devices, all keyboards must be specified. I remember vaguely on the tablets, Control Panel>Hardware keyboard under OS2007 (or Bluetooth keyboard under OS2008) > Generic 105 keys PC.

Then go Control Panel and add/pair it as a new Bluetooth device.

Hope my 2 cents helps.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I had already tried that route. The problem seems to be that the Celluon requires specific drivers. The n800 will pair with it as a Bluetooth device, but without the drivers it is listed as a Phone, and will not pair in the Keyboard section of the Control Panel.

I've written to Nokia and will post whatever reply I get from tech support.

I've had an official response from Nokia. The email is not really helpful, but the short answer is the Celluon cl-850 is not going to work with the n800. Tech support says:

Nokia does not support the use of third-party enhancements and
software products in conjunction with Nokia devices, except where
expressly stated by Nokia.
Too bad. Cool piece of equipment.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
is there not some variant out there that use HID?

ah yes, found it:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/8193/detail/

this one is listed with HID support

ah, i see now that when using HID there is no way to set things like the light level of the keyboard. what a silly thing to do in software! some buttons on the outside would have done the trick wonderfully!

Last edited by tso; 2008-08-07 at 17:13.

Try
Code:
gconftool -a /system/bluetooth/device/DE:AD:BE:EF:CA:FE
With your keyboard's MAC, of course. It's just possible that it's either a HID or SPP keyboard, with an additional protocol alongside for control, and that is confusing the N8x0?