Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Oh great. I just checked my Application Mangler and got the same. Control Panel shows the old version as well.

Talk about last straws; it's now painfully obvious that the Nokia Idiots have no friggin' idea how to produce a working piece of software.

Anybody wanna buy a N800? I'm bloody tired of the thing.
How much are you asking for it? What accessoires?

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I have to say that the running-out-of-space-while-installing thing kinda stinks; I can understand that it is inherited from Debian's system, but with space at such a premium on these devices, you'd think they'd do a pre-install check of free space and refuse to upgrade if there is insufficient space.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
How much are you asking for it? What accessoires?
No accessories and it'll come in a somewhat compacted state, I'm afraid. The footprint motif on the screen is free.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I have to say that the running-out-of-space-while-installing thing kinda stinks; I can understand that it is inherited from Debian's system, but with space at such a premium on these devices, you'd think they'd do a pre-install check of free space and refuse to upgrade if there is insufficient space.
especially as the out of space error seems to leave a broken update in the app manager that one cant remove. and if one think that a reboot will shake it loose one is in for a reflash in my experience...

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
Thank You for the reply...

OK, Now I am confused...I have not used nor setup any of the tablet email clients....so that ?should? not be it...

Also: connection manager set to always ask. No Autoconnect
Sadly I won't know... if it wasn't the email app, there must be another process running in the background.

Depends on what have you installed and/or what applets you have running.

(Maybe RSS??, Used to be a problem...)

But I am gladly announcing that almost half a day, and no problems with the email. This update has fixed it!!

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
No accessories and it'll come in a somewhat compacted state, I'm afraid. The footprint motif on the screen is free.
Your doctor may be able to give you something for reducing your frequently heightened emotional states; I hear that remaining in a state of high agitation can be very detrimental to your overall health.

And just remember, it's just a relatively inexpensive gadget, nothing to get too worked up over

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Your doctor may be able to give you something for reducing your frequently heightened emotional states; I hear that remaining in a state of high agitation can be very detrimental to your overall health.

And just remember, it's just a relatively inexpensive gadget, nothing to get too worked up over
Go **** yourself, you mother******* ****.

I sincerely hope the next "update" wipes your tablet clean.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Talk about last straws; it's now painfully obvious that the Nokia Idiots have no friggin' idea how to produce a working piece of software.
What software company does? Personally, I've been ****ed over by more Apple updates than I can remember, and I know plenty of Windows users suffer greatly with SP releases.

Heck, the much-lauded Ubuntu can't even manage a decent upgrade half the time.

Besides, it seems to be going pretty well considering that it's the first ever SSU update.

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 2008-08-11 at 23:14.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
especially as the out of space error seems to leave a broken update in the app manager that one cant remove. and if one think that a reboot will shake it loose one is in for a reflash in my experience...
...or a chroot followed by an "apt-get -f install" in my case... I suspect there may be a few people who are not willing to do that.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
...or a chroot followed by an "apt-get -f install" in my case... I suspect there may be a few people who are not willing to do that.
A lot of people encountered the out-of-space issue running the pre-release Diablo. It's especially awkward when important system daemons (icd2) get chopped off during the install.

Tags
browser, email, microb, modest, os2008, ssu, stability, update