Active Topics

Originally Posted by emjayes View Post
If you followed the method described in wiki, you don't have sliderotate installed.
You will have to install the kernel an xserver-xomap again as instructed in the wiki or
uninstall becomeroot and click this:

http://mikie.dy.fi/maemo/sliderotate-diablo.install

and follow the instructions.

becomeroot conflicts with rootsh, which is a dependency in sliderotate.
Both provide basically the same effects, but since there is no need for an extra repository for rootsh I prefer that over becomeroot.
Perfect, thanks. One last question, what are the advantages or disadvantage to each?

Alright, well I followed the steps in the wiki again. Did the diablo update make any changes to the kernel? Did I just overwrite them with an old kernel?

guys i need help in fixing the rotation on my n800. i had previously installed rotation even before the wiki was made and i am not sure which of the instructions i followed but i got it working nicely.

the latest diablo SSU update broke my rotation, now it only rotates the touch area and not the image. i tried reinstalling libxrandr and xomap under red pill but still no joy.

hope i get a response soon. thanks in advance!

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Oulu, Finland

The Following User Says Thank You to emjayes For This Useful Post:
you're missing the xrandr kernel

easiest method to fix everything.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...621#post213621

thanks for the quick reply, i installed the sliderote from your link but my rotation is still broken, only the touch area is rotated. app manager tells me it successfully installed sliderotate but i did not find any settings on the control panel..

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Oulu, Finland
Did you follow the instructions? Click the "(re)install xrandr kernel"-button in sliderotatesettings, which you find in Extras menu..

I have no idea why this would not work. I had to do a reflash and start from scratch but I've got the rotation working! This breathes new life into my N810!

Originally Posted by mtfbwy View Post
Dumb question, but I still cannot get the last package, kernel-diablo... to install. It needs flash-and-reboot. I belive I've added the proper Extras repository and issued apt-get -f install but it just won't resolve this issue. Is there someplace I can manually download this package?

Did you follow the instructions? Click the "(re)install xrandr kernel"-button in sliderotatesettings, which you find in Extras menu..
d'oh no wonder i couldn't find the settings in the control panel!

got it to work another way, by re-doing the steps on the first page of this thread thanks for your help though!

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ mexico
hola me parece perfecto el hecho de poder rotar la pantalla pero cuan don pongo en el xterminal tar zxvf kernel-2.2007.50-2-rotation.tar.gz me dice que el archivo o carpeta no se encuentra que debo hacer ya sigue las instrucciones

Pregunte en espanol http://behindmaemolines.blogspot.com...2008-n8x0.html

Originally Posted by busta123 View Post
hola me parece perfecto el hecho de poder rotar la pantalla pero cuan don pongo en el xterminal tar zxvf kernel-2.2007.50-2-rotation.tar.gz me dice que el archivo o carpeta no se encuentra que debo hacer ya sigue las instrucciones

Tags
angular momentum, quantum mechanics, rotation, weirdtags