Notices

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Yes. I have a google apps account, so my user name is my full email ( ZZZ@ZZZZZ.net). I have not changed those settings since first entering them, and it worked at first. I think it stopped working after an update, several updates ago. I keep hoping that each new update will fix it.

I just tried with my regular google account information, and that generated the same error. Am I doooooooomed????

New problem: I erased the "last updated" field, just to see if that did anything. Now I get a new mesage saying something needs to be in that field. But I'm not sure of the syntax. Can you give me something I could enter to fix that problem.

I'm having the same error at 20%. My login info is fine. Very frustrating - I love the app!

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
I loved mcal while it worked (for a few days). But for a while now (I've been away, so couldn't post), I get the following after 20% of sync:

(This is with latest version 0.4.0) Any idea what's wrong? Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to cantona For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
I m currently studying why you get this error ...

The Following User Says Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
Your userID should just be your Id "zzzzz" remove the @zzzz.net.

Here's what's in my last update field "2008-08-19 15:18"

The Following User Says Thank You to bluesubaru For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the "last update" info. But your first recommendation is wrong, alas. Imagine that you have a bluesubaru gmail account. And then I come along and buy the domain "n800.net" through google. Then I create a user "bluesubaru@n800.net," which I would be able to do. If google didn't require that my user use "bluesubaru@n800.net" as the userid, google wouldn't know which bluesubaru was trying to log in. So google quite smartly requires adding the domain to the user id for mcalendar-like purposes.

Plus it worked with my full domain for the first few days. And then started going haywire thereafter. My guess is also that the other user here who is experiencing the same problem has a standard google account, and not a google apps account.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
ahh... didn't see that it was a google apps account. Didn't know you could log in with anything but a @gmail.com account.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluesubaru For This Useful Post:
Hey, stupid question of the day (since I'm not up for reading 12 pages of replies), but does mCalender have just a simple calender feature? I don't really need to add dates, times, stuff like that. I just need something like what would hang on your wall in a digital form. The adding dates and times would only be a bonus feature for me. But beyond that I only really need it to show me date, month, week and year like a normal wall calender.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
At this time if you have crond on your tablet you can cronit with the command : mcalendar -s
Khertan,

This command is not launching the synchro process. What can be wrong? I have last version installed.

Thanks.

Good news: I had a successful sync today (using 0.4.0)---no more stalling at 20%. Mcal on tablet now seems to send events created on-tablet to google calendar, and downloads MOST events from google cal to tablet. However, some events from google cal are not being downloaded (namely recently created events (within last few minutes, say) and standing events, such as my daily reminder to take my vitamin.

In any case, this is progress!

Tags
calendar, google