Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Ottawa, ON
Works like a charm! Apps refreshed much faster than VNC. Keep up the great work!

My wishlist:
- some sort of spinner when it is doing something
- if you don't select an app to launch before pressing launch, just fail immediately rather than going into lala-land for a while
- a simple means of switching to a non-default ssh port ... I'm guessing that you can just add ":xxx" to the end of the host IP string but I haven't tried since I am using the default port at the moment.

Originally Posted by Oberon85 View Post
well, i just installed to see if it would do full screen, and right now, it does not. less useful than first imagined. vnc will do until this goes fullscreen , and is configurable for what you wish to run. Great first effort!! will test connectivity on my laptop and servers later this evening.
What do you mean it does not do full screen? Whether or not AirX itself is fullscreen has no effect whatsoever on any applications you forward. If the program your forwarding supports full screen, then you can use it.

But, there is no reason for the AirX gui to go fullscreen, that's why I didn't put the option in. More lines of code...

VNC has nothing on X-forwarding, whether or not you run it from AirX or the terminal.

Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
I tried connecting from my n800 running Diablo to my notebook running Xubuntu Hardy. when I run airx from the commandline, fill in the form and press 'Launch program' nothing happens and on the commandline I see:

Code:
Woo
/usr/bin/airx:179: DeprecationWarning: use gtk.ComboBoxEntry
  commanda = gtk.Combo()
Wiki wiki wiki?

Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
/usr/bin/X11/xauth:  error in locking authority file /home/user1/.Xauthority
bash: Please: command not found

Wahh!?
I can ssh into my notebook, and from the notebook to the tablet though.
That is certainly odd... Hm. The only time I would get an error like this is when I enter the wrong username or password. Maybe you SSH port is different than normal? Add the port onto the ip, I believe 192.168.1.100:xxx

I can't imagine why it would do that... I'll look in to it asap!

Originally Posted by jcharpak View Post
Insert "any change for a gregale ITOS2006 version?" here.
It should run just fine on any version so long as python2.5 and openssh are available... I'm not sure if they are, though, for 2006?

Originally Posted by mwiktowy View Post
Works like a charm! Apps refreshed much faster than VNC. Keep up the great work!

My wishlist:
- some sort of spinner when it is doing something (Great idea, will work on...)
- if you don't select an app to launch before pressing launch, just fail immediately rather than going into lala-land for a while (Again, great idea, will do...)
- a simple means of switching to a non-default ssh port ... I'm guessing that you can just add ":xxx" to the end of the host IP string but I haven't tried since I am using the default port at the moment. (Not sure about this...)
Thanks for the great suggestions!!

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Friday Harbor, WA, USA
every application in your list supports fullscreen on ubuntu, but as it is windowed by a call from your software, it will not allow me to use the full screen button on anything i launch from my server....

ssweet try it as soon as i get to bed.

Originally Posted by Oberon85 View Post
every application in your list supports fullscreen on ubuntu, but as it is windowed by a call from your software, it will not allow me to use the full screen button on anything i launch from my server....
That's because the full screen button on the tablet is F6, while on a desktop it is F11. The tablet's hardware button will not work. Just open firefox and go to

View > Fullscreen

Simple.

Last edited by Aisu; 2008-08-26 at 11:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to Aisu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Espoo, Finland
Hi, great program, thanks!

Would you happen to have any idea why this or other X forwarding won't properly launch a java program through Firefox? I've been trying to use Party Poker's java applet to play (http://www.partypoker.com/anywhere/) and it won't load, firefox starts and then I get the loading screen for the poker applet but the game itself never starts. I've actually noticed the same with two computers (Ubuntu 8.04 laptop to Ubuntu 8.04 desktop) with "ssh -X firefox", I can't get the java applet to launch. Any ideas why this could be and what I could do to get it to work? Since the tablet doesn't do java, this would be a great way to get poker on it.

Last edited by BatPenguin; 2008-08-26 at 12:08.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Friday Harbor, WA, USA
that works for software that has a menu item for View -> Fullscreen, but what about software that only supports window modes, and has no menu option?

Is there a way to send an F11 from the tablet?

thanks for the replies!